By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If NoA doesn´t give in and localise Xenoblade/TLS for North America, I ask you..

Xxain said:
Cactus said:

Link?

Based on what I read, Cry On was supposed to be their third 360 project publshed by Microsoft (three game agreement), but they decided to pass on it. AQ Interactive eventually picked up the project before it was outright cancelled.

The Last Story was fully funded and published by Nintendo. You don't jump into development on such a big project without a safety net (funding).

Also, I said Blue Dragon Plus not Blue Dragon. Obviously the original Blue Dragon had a big budget.

Link to what? What does Nintendo have to do with the Idea Xxisting, your streching it to say Hirinobu Sakaguchi couldn't get any ogher publisher and is fund his game. Stop giving Nintendo ALL the credit, because its not deserved. The Last Story was born purely out Sakaguchi Mind, the it was Nintendo or nothing attitude is warranted.

I think we're on different wavelegths here. You said that Last Story was originally a 360 project and that Microsoft would not have refused it if Mistwalker went to them, and I want to know where you got that idea from. My point about Cry On is meant to show to you that Microsoft and Mistwalker's relationship is essentially over, which is why Nintendo funded (you know, gave them the money to create) their next project, which eventually became The Last Story. Mistwalker is just a design house. they couldn't have started development on anything unless they had funding/publishers.

Around the Network

Saying it's his fault... without much evidence. Isn't really a good thing.

I'd prefer them let Xseed do it because they do a better job localizing anyways imo. Not that this is gonna happen.

Cactus said:
Play4Fun said:
You think it takes the decision of one man and one man only to localize those games?

Convenient scapegoat.

We should probably refrain from skinning the guy alive until we get some official word, because, let's face it, we have no idea if these games are being released in North America or not.

Anyway, I hope this "Operation Rainfall" speeds the process along and we get some real information soon.

even (especially) if these games are planned for release in America, this is still a major screw-up in terms of public relations. A simple Yes or No would have done wonders to appease and inform the fans. They would either have something to look forward to, or get over their disappointment and move on..

Instead, Reggie has been quoted saying there are 'amazing Wii games' we don't know about yet right around the corner. He has done this more than once this year alone, and in each occasion nothing came out of it... For many people E3 was going to be the last straw, and that's understandable.

Nobody expects games to materialize from thin air, and fans - despite their occasional bickering - know just as well as anybody that quality takes time. In that respect, even something like Iwata's announcement of Smash Bros., while disappointing to many, was at least made in earnest and with good intentions, and after the dust settled on E3 could be appreciated as such.

But when Reggie says: "there are games coming before E3" when nothing could be further from the truth, somebody owes an explanation. Was there a game that saw unexpected delays? If so, tell us... Maybe something happened related to the earthquake in Japan? Fine, we're all human, we'll understand.. But throwing out baseless statements only to pretend they never happened later down the line is the sort of thing I'd expect from Sony during their darker hours, and even they know to expect a ton of crap for those kinds of turnarounds.

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Cactus said:
Xxain said:
Cactus said:

Link?

Based on what I read, Cry On was supposed to be their third 360 project publshed by Microsoft (three game agreement), but they decided to pass on it. AQ Interactive eventually picked up the project before it was outright cancelled.

The Last Story was fully funded and published by Nintendo. You don't jump into development on such a big project without a safety net (funding).

Also, I said Blue Dragon Plus not Blue Dragon. Obviously the original Blue Dragon had a big budget.

Link to what? What does Nintendo have to do with the Idea Xxisting, your streching it to say Hirinobu Sakaguchi couldn't get any ogher publisher and is fund his game. Stop giving Nintendo ALL the credit, because its not deserved. The Last Story was born purely out Sakaguchi Mind, the it was Nintendo or nothing attitude is warranted.

I think we're on different wavelegths here. You said that Last Story was originally a 360 project and that Microsoft would not have refused it if Mistwalker went to them, and I want to know where you got that idea from. My point about Cry On is meant to show to you that Microsoft and Mistwalker's relationship is essentially over, which is why Nintendo funded (you know, gave them the money to create) their next project, which eventually became The Last Story. Mistwalker is just a design house. they couldn't have started development on anything unless they had funding/publishers.

Your Missing my point still.

"If it wasn't for Nintendo, we wouldn't even have The Last Story right"

This is a False statement, Nintendo funded and puublished the Idea but concept was developed by By Mistwalker

The Last Story could have been published by anybody, but it was Nintendo in this choice. If they had taken the idea to nintendo and they said no and then they took it too.. Konami and they said yes..well theres last story published and funded by Konami

regardless of who published the game the concept still xxist so to say if it wasnt  for _________  this game would of xxisted is not always true.

I guess you post assumes the nintendo blessed them with concept and without nintendo concept would never have xxisted

gumby_trucker said:
Cactus said:
Play4Fun said:
You think it takes the decision of one man and one man only to localize those games?

Convenient scapegoat.

We should probably refrain from skinning the guy alive until we get some official word, because, let's face it, we have no idea if these games are being released in North America or not.

Anyway, I hope this "Operation Rainfall" speeds the process along and we get some real information soon.

even (especially) if these games are planned for release in America, this is still a major screw-up in terms of public relations. A simple Yes or No would have done wonders to appease and inform the fans. They would either have something to look forward to, or get over their disappointment and move on..

Instead, Reggie has been quoted saying there are 'amazing Wii games' we don't know about yet right around the corner. He has done this more than once this year alone, and in each occasion nothing came out of it... For many people E3 was going to be the last straw, and that's understandable.

Nobody expects games to materialize from thin air, and fans - despite their occasional bickering - know just as well as anybody that quality takes time. In that respect, even something like Iwata's announcement of Smash Bros., while disappointing to many, was at least made in earnest and with good intentions, and after the dust settled on E3 could be appreciated as such.

But when Reggie says: "there are games coming before E3" when nothing could be further from the truth, somebody owes an explanation. Was there a game that saw unexpected delays? If so, tell us... Maybe something happened related to the earthquake in Japan? Fine, we're all human, we'll understand.. But throwing out baseless statements only to pretend they never happened later down the line is the sort of thing I'd expect from Sony during their darker hours, and even they know to expect a ton of crap for those kinds of turnarounds.

I definitely agree with you. The way this entire issue has been handled by the NoA suits leaves a lot to be desired. It's not like there's a full schedule of Wii games next year, so why not give us something to look forward to if the games are, in fact, scheduled to be released? It seems like they think they can take the fans for granted since they're an obvious minority. They'd never do this for a bigger title.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Cactus said:
Xxain said:
Cactus said:

Link?

This is a False statement, Nintendo funded and puublished the Idea but concept was developed by By Mistwalker

The Last Story could have been published by anybody, but it was Nintendo in this choice. If they had taken the idea to nintendo and they said no and then they took it too.. Konami and they said yes..well theres last story published and funded by Konami

regardless of who published the game the concept still xxist so to say if it wasnt  for _________  this game would of xxisted is not always true.

I guess you post assumes the nintendo blessed them with concept and without nintendo concept would never have xxisted

I think you have to stop assuming that I think Nintendo created the concept. You've mentioned that a couple of times, and I never said anything of the sort.

As for what I said, it was poorly worded now that I read it over, but I never meant to say that no other company besides Nintendo would pick up the game, I was specifically responding to the idea that Microsoft would have been a better publisher than Nintendo. If Sakaguchi went to Microsoft with the premise for The Last Story, he wouldn't have gotten funding, just like he didn't get it for Cry On before moving on to AQ Interactive. Another company may have published his idea if Nintendo declined, but we'd just be speculating there.

I would like Reggie kicked out of NoA IF it is proven that it was 100% Reggie's fault that Disaster didn't get localized. If they have a more legit reason (like Fatal Frame's bugs), then I would like for him to stay, just keep away from the localization dept. . 

Xxain said:
I think that Nintendo should release Monolithsoft and IP ownership of TLS. I cant believe that thay have to consider Localizing a game made by Hirinobu Sakaguchi and Tetsuya Takahashi. If you dont want your JRPG's to succeed or grow let them be free

I disagree with you for several reasons. 

1. Monolith Soft is one of a few Nintendo studios that can make a legitimate mature game. 

2. Monolith's games bring diversity to Nintendo's lineup

3. Other then Square Enix, what publisher would treat them any better? 

I agree with you on TLS.

Cactus said:
Xxain said:
Cactus said:
Xxain said:
Cactus said:

Link?

I think you have to stop assuming that I think Nintendo created the concept. You've mentioned that a couple of times, and I never said anything of the sort.

As for what I said, it was poorly worded now that I read it over, but I never meant to say that no other company besides Nintendo would pick up the game, I was specifically responding to the idea that Microsoft would have been a better publisher than Nintendo. If Sakaguchi went to Microsoft with the premise for The Last Story, he wouldn't have gotten funding, just like he didn't get it for Cry On before moving on to AQ Interactive. Another company may have published his idea if Nintendo declined, but we'd just be speculating there.

Hirinobu Sakagucji is well known well respected figure in the Japanese Industry. You dont think that Atlus, Akyss games, NISA exct would have localized  a JRPG from a big name?  They would be like flies on shit to have that oppurtunity. Hell Xseed wanted badly to localize Tales they wanted so bad to have there name on a big scale JRPG probaly the biggest they ever had...just think Hirinobu sakaguchi!

I going to tell you right now: Not Only would all JRPG developers with ability publish localize TLS... The West Would Also have both Xeno and TLS  by now thats a fact. I gaurentee you.

I doubt Reggie has any authority on these matters, the decision is probabily made in Japan when the first months sales come in. the problem is even if they get rid of Reggie, he'll be replaced by someone else anyway. and Reggie isnt that bad imo.

OT, even if NoA localise and publish this on the Wii, i doubt the Wii has the right fanbase for this sort of game. i suppose Nintendo will correct that with the Wii U, and they will possiblily have a chance to make these games a lot more successful than they would on the Wii.

Xxain said:
Cactus said:
Xxain said:
Cactus said:
Xxain said:
Cactus said:

Link?

Hirinobu Sakagucji is well known well respected figure in the Japanese Industry. You dont think that Atlus, Akyss games, NISA exct would have localized  a JRPG from a big name?  They would be like flies on shit to have that oppurtunity. Hell Xseed wanted badly to localize Tales they wanted so bad to have there name on a big scale JRPG probaly the biggest they ever had...just think Hirinobu sakaguchi!

I going to tell you right now: Not Only would all JRPG developers with ability publish localize TLS... The West Would Also have both Xeno and TLS  by now thats a fact. I gaurentee you.

That line is referring to funding a big budget JRPG, not localizing it. You're right that companies would line up to localize if Nintendo let them, just like companies would line up to localize Tales, Ni No Kuni, etc if the parent company allowed them. Would companies line up to fund Sakaguchi's projects these days? I'm not so sure.