By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If NoA doesn´t give in and localise Xenoblade/TLS for North America, I ask you..

Reggie's popularity is really plummeting.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Xxain said:
I think that Nintendo should release Monolithsoft and IP ownership of TLG. I cant believe that thay have to consider Localizing a game made by Hirinobu Sakaguchi and Tetsuya Takahashi. I you dont want your JRPG's to succeed or grow let them be free

Microsoft was far better on that front with Lost Oddessy handling!!!!

And I do hope they let Monolith Soft go, those guys need to find a better publisher for themselves, its so sad how SquareSoft took away their budget from Xenogears for FF8 (yeah they weren't monolith soft then but testsuya takahashi again), then we all know what Namco did to them. Now Nintendo can't even localize their masterpiece to America!

They need a publisher that will respect them

Yeah, right before they refused to pick up their next project and let them go. If it wasn't for Nintendo, we wouldn't even have The Last Story right now and Mistwalker would still be signing with small publishers to make more shitty low-budget games like Blue Dragon Plus and Shuffle Dungeon.

Play4Fun said:
You think it takes the decision of one man and one man only to localize those games?

Convenient scapegoat.

We should probably refrain from skinning the guy alive until we get some official word, because, let's face it, we have no idea if these games are being released in North America or not.

Anyway, I hope this "Operation Rainfall" speeds the process along and we get some real information soon.

Cactus said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Xxain said:
I think that Nintendo should release Monolithsoft and IP ownership of TLG. I cant believe that thay have to consider Localizing a game made by Hirinobu Sakaguchi and Tetsuya Takahashi. I you dont want your JRPG's to succeed or grow let them be free

And I do hope they let Monolith Soft go, those guys need to find a better publisher for themselves, its so sad how SquareSoft took away their budget from Xenogears for FF8 (yeah they weren't monolith soft then but testsuya takahashi again), then we all know what Namco did to them. Now Nintendo can't even localize their masterpiece to America!

Yeah, right before they refused to pick up their next project and let them go. If it wasn't for Nintendo, we wouldn't even have The Last Story right now and Mistwalker would still be signing with small publishers to make more shitty low-budget games like Blue Dragon Plus and Shuffle Dungeon.

huh? The Last Story was created by Sakaguchi, iirc the original project began as another 360 title till he got in touch with Nintendo. The project would of Xxisted notheless he had the idea and its not like MS would of refused it.. the rest of your post is opinion well sorta Blue Dragon was not low budget...

never liked Reggie, he seems like he is just a puppet with no real influence n just likes to talk

Around the Network
Cactus said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Xxain said:

They refused? It was AQ Interactive itself who have announced Cry on's cancelation due to "economic crisis".

http://favoniangamers.wordpress.com/2008/12/26/mistwalker-to-cancel-cry-on-due-to-economy/

They had a strong reason to not publish this game, although they had already more than 50% of the scenarios made.

Xxain said:
Cactus said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Xxain said:

huh? The Last Story was created by Sakaguchi, iirc the original project began as another 360 title till he got in touch with Nintendo. The project would of Xxisted notheless he had the idea and its not like MS would of refused it.. the rest of your post is opinion well sorta Blue Dragon was not low budget...

Link?

Based on what I read, Cry On was supposed to be their third 360 project publshed by Microsoft (three game agreement), but they decided to pass on it. AQ Interactive eventually picked up the project before it was outright cancelled.

The Last Story was fully funded and published by Nintendo. You don't jump into development on such a big project without a safety net (funding).

Also, I said Blue Dragon Plus not Blue Dragon. Obviously the original Blue Dragon had a big budget.

I'll buy the import of Last Story (or the Japanese one if i end up there). I really don't think Reggie is the sole decider on that matter, though if he really wanted it it would probably go through

You'd think NoA would be under pressure from NCL to localize The Last Story, since i remember that Iwata Asks where Iwata was talking about making JRPGs accessible to world markets.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Cactus said:
Xxain said:
Cactus said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Xxain said:

Link?

Based on what I read, Cry On was supposed to be their third 360 project publshed by Microsoft (three game agreement), but they decided to pass on it. AQ Interactive eventually picked up the project before it was outright cancelled.

The Last Story was fully funded and published by Nintendo. You don't jump into development on such a big project without a safety net (funding).

Also, I said Blue Dragon Plus not Blue Dragon. Obviously the original Blue Dragon had a big budget.

Link to what? What does Nintendo have to do with the Idea Xxisting, your streching it to say Hirinobu Sakaguchi couldn't get any ogher publisher and is fund his game. Stop giving Nintendo ALL the credit, because its not deserved. The Last Story was born purely out Sakaguchi Mind, the it was Nintendo or nothing attitude is not warranted.

Mr Khan said:
I'll buy the import of Last Story (or the Japanese one if i end up there). I really don't think Reggie is the sole decider on that matter, though if he really wanted it it would probably go through

You'd think NoA would be under pressure from NCL to localize The Last Story, since i remember that Iwata Asks where Iwata was talking about making JRPGs accessible to world markets.

That last sentence would be best news ever if Nintendo put there money where mouth is. Just talkin about it isnt going to make it happen.