By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect – Optional, Not Mandatory – Why get so mad?

yeah it makes no sense whatsoever.

Why the hell would someone complain about an entirely optional experience? That would be like bitching at Fallout and Elder Scrolls for allowing 3rd person view as an option. Or about Killzone, Resistance 3, and Littlebigplanet 2 having Move support. Or for PS3 haveing 3D support.

In other words bitching about something which is ENTIRELY optional is plain rediculous.

Around the Network

DUH!!!

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

I don't get the complaints. It's not like the game FORCES you to use Kinect, you have a CHOICE. I'm all for diversity in games, welcome the option.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I was under the impression most were mad because they thought it was not optional.. The Bungie community was furious when the news came but when the news came that it would be optional we only saw a few hundred hate threads...Pretty good...

BTW can anyone link me to this Halo CEA Kinect news?

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/06/20/halo-combat-evolved-anniversary-gets-kinect-support/

People are mad that Halo CEA has Kinect support? I didn't even know it had Kinect support.

Boy am I behind the times.

Mr Khan said:
Because anything that gives people the opportunity to have fun in a way that i don't care to have fun is a personal insult

And i don't like being personally insulted.

Awesome post. +1 for you.

OT: I don't mind. I use my Kinect for Dance and party games. Anything extra is icing. But if a shooter comes out with terrible Kinect control and no controller support . . . then I'll get annoyed. Key word here is terrible.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Lostplanet22 said:
yo_john117 said:

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/06/20/halo-combat-evolved-anniversary-gets-kinect-support/

Thanks!