By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

I have a nagging feeling any J&D game would be ps3 as well as vita and they'll release vita games on ps3 as ps3 legacy support much like they did with PSP and ps2. Would suck though as vita really does need more exclusives.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
darkknightkryta said:

Doubt that would happen.  I honestly don't even know if they'll be in business after Fuse.

Fuse makes me sad. It doesn't look like a bad game or anything, but it is probably the least exciting thing I've ever seen. It's gonna bomb horribly, and I just hope their deal with EA is such that Insomniac lives to make Sony first party games another day.

I'm sure that secondary studio they built will most likely be shut down after Fuse.  They're best bet is to run back to Sony.  But What can the bring to the table though?  Ratchet isn't the sales beast it used to be.  Resistance is over with, and I agree with that.  Maybe the best thing for them to do is try to make another platformer exclusively for Vita, it might help them survive, but I still see them getting severely downsized after Fuse regardless.

darkknightkryta said:

I'm sure that secondary studio they built will most likely be shut down after Fuse.  They're best bet is to run back to Sony.  But What can the bring to the table though?  Ratchet isn't the sales beast it used to be.  Resistance is over with, and I agree with that.  Maybe the best thing for them to do is try to make another platformer exclusively for Vita, it might help them survive, but I still see them getting severely downsized after Fuse regardless.

New IP for a new generation! They are an incredibly talented studio, but their best work has absolutely been with Sony. It would be great if the PS4 kicked off with a new Insomniac franchise.

And the series might have cooled a bit, but I think there's still a place for R&C.

badgenome said:
darkknightkryta said:

New IP for a new generation! They are an incredibly talented studio, but their best work has absolutely been with Sony. It would be great if the PS4 kicked off with a new Insomniac franchise.

And the series might have cooled a bit, but I think there's still a place for R&C.

There is, it's just that there's been way too many of them in a short period of time.  Series fatigue kicked in if you ask me.  On another note though, I think Sony needs to start making their platformers Vita exclusives.

darkknightkryta said:

There is, it's just that there's been way too many of them in a short period of time.  Series fatigue kicked in if you ask me.  On another note though, I think Sony needs to start making their platformers Vita exclusives.

Yeah, that's sadly typical of Sony as a whole. Their franchises don't tend to be long-running because they oversaturate the market until they stop selling and then ditch the series instead of doling out one or two really awesome entries per generation.

Around the Network

Sooo...I took a little break and downloaded the Soul Sacrifice demo and all I can say is that I'm extremely disappointed...

1. Graphics are nice and all but its to bland for me
2. Character customization is lame! Not enough variety/combination to make a unique character. plus the voices are ugly.
3. attack hits doesnt feel solid.
4. the book sucks! what is that thing? reading a story? come on! i dont like it and i think its stupid.
5. I already mentioned that hits didnt feel solid, and what better example that that jack o lantern thingy or whatever that is. its like, i'm hitting it but its not like my attacks are actually hitting.
6. I was led to believe that I can sacrifice a random piece of rock or something and it can heal me or boost me or whatever, i thought that was cool. Then, turns out, it doesn't work that way. boooo!
7. The game does very little to help you understand the system, and that sucked balls. I was scratching my head all the way till chapter 5 thinking "wtf is going on?" and "wtf am I doing?"
8. It wasn't fun at all. I'm sorry, but I just didn't enjoy the demo one bit. But I did get infuriated with that flying birdy thingy that just wont land. But once you hit it and it plops to the ground, it dies so fast its not funny.

All in all, I dived in with very little expectations and I only hoped that I'd have a little fun, sadly, I didnt have fun and what little expectations I had was crushed. I was expecting to get this day one, but after that lack luster demo, SS just went from a "must buy" to a "will probably check back on this sometime down the road when its $25 or less on PSN".

This is all of course, my opinion and nothing else. So, if you're having a blast, then good for you. Just dont get your panties tied in a not because I thought ti sucked. Its my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

well we all know these kinda games are a love or hate. i love it but i do agree it doesent help u learn the game (i use a fan guide)

darkknightkryta said:

A Vita exclusive game really wouldn't help them.  Would probably hurt them more than anything.

I agree with you, I think it seems likely that the North Carolina studio will be absorbed back into Burbank after Fuse.  They concurrently developed two games at a time throughout the PS3's early life (rotating Resistance & Ratchet mostly) so I don't see why they can't do that again in future.  The second studio doesn't seem to be able to match the quality that the main studio does.

I agree with Badge, best shot at reviving themselves is a PS4-exclusive title after launch, new IP.  Then see where things go from there.

Looks like Legends Of War really exist. Got released today over here in Europe and here is a screenshot of the box from neogaf.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn33/TR5241/P4180002_zps304d5867.jpg

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Hmm I was thinking about how cool would it be if Persona 5 was for the Vita.