By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
RafaelOrix said:
naruball said:
There were also some insults that I tried to forget and I'll avoid posting the comments, since that would only cause harm. I'm sure there are several people like me who rarely post, but follow this thread every day and they're far from lost. It's pretty much the reason I still visit vgc.
Anyway.

Any ps+ users who got Dead or Alive for ps3 for free still plan on buying the vita version? I was pretty excited for it, but now I don't feel like spending any extra money like that.

What has happened, dood? I'm completly lost as I rarely visit any other thread here on VGChartz, so can you link the thread to me (PM if you wanna)? I'm curious.

Nothing big, it happens every now and then

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=157164&page=1#

And i think this thread was more inspired by the rise of psnation and the nintendomination thread but while they're at it, people just have to say they dislike our thread... just not as direct...

Around the Network
huiii said:
RafaelOrix said:
naruball said:
There were also some insults that I tried to forget and I'll avoid posting the comments, since that would only cause harm. I'm sure there are several people like me who rarely post, but follow this thread every day and they're far from lost. It's pretty much the reason I still visit vgc.
Anyway.

Any ps+ users who got Dead or Alive for ps3 for free still plan on buying the vita version? I was pretty excited for it, but now I don't feel like spending any extra money like that.

What has happened, dood? I'm completly lost as I rarely visit any other thread here on VGChartz, so can you link the thread to me (PM if you wanna)? I'm curious.

And i think this thread was more inspired by the rise of psnation and the nintendomination thread but while they're at it people just have to say they dislike our thread... just not as direct...

Thank you for sharing.

By the way, I would love to see more indie games like these coming to PS Vita:

COULD TERRARIA BE COMING TO THE VITA?

COULD TERRARIA BE COMING TO THE VITA?

2D combat/construction/crafting/exploring indie hit hinted at. 

Terraria is making it’s way to the PSN for the PS3, that much is known. But a piece on Gamer Tell which had an interview with 505 Games producer David Welch had this little piece in it:

GamerTell: If the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Terraria are successful enough, would a Vita port be considered? I’d think the touch screen would be a natural fit for the building aspects.

Welch: You’re not the first one to mention that. We agree that the platform could be a very natural fit and we’re certainly looking into it.

The Vita is certainly starting to gain some much needed attention with games, and indie developers in particular are starting to really buy into the platform.

Terraria itself was released originally on the PC in 2011 and invokes a very Minecraft feel, it certainly seems to draw a lot of inspiration from it and compact it into a 2D world. It would appear to be a good fit for the Vita. As would Minecraft itself!

Anyway, to give you an idea, here is the console teaser trailer.

Source: http://thevitalounge.com/could-terraria-be-coming-to-the-vita/

or

IRONCLAD TACTICS COULD BE PORTED TO THE PLAYSTATION VITA

Published On March 13, 2013 | By Ryan Archer | NewsPCPS Vita

Zachtronic Industries upcoming card based tactics game, Ironclad Tactics, could be ported to the PlayStation Vita, Zachary Barth has announced. In a recent interview with us, he claimed that their recent game, SpaceChem, is unlikely to be ported however he added that Ironclad Tactics could eventually surface on the Sony handheld.

I don’t know much about the Vita, but it’s exciting to hear that it’s shaping up to be indie-friendly. A port of SpaceChem is unlikely, but perhaps Ironclad Tactics would be a good fit!” – Zach Barth, Zachtronic Industries.

Ironclad Tactics is an “upcoming fast-paced, card-based tactics game” featuring over 80 unique cards. While there are still very few details about the game, we do know that it will feature both single player and multiplayer aspects. You can see the trailer for Ironclad Tactics below.

KylieDog said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
MikeRox said:
What's going on, are they upset that we're enjoying a doomed system with no gaemz again?

The usual it moves too fast I can't find the info stuff 

It is reasonable complaint, if I don't click this thread everytime I log in and leave it 2 days I suddenly have several pages to scroll through.

Not at all. Everyone is helpful. If you can't find the info in like the last two pages or so you can just as easily ask. Plenty of people do and they get the information they need real quick

At the end of the day if people don't like it they can go ahead and make threads themselves with the info they find. No one is holding them back. People just bitch for the sake of it. 

I am NOT going to start updating the OP with all the information that comes in...too much work

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

RafaelOrix said:
huiii said:
RafaelOrix said:
naruball said:
Anyway.

And i think this thread was more inspired by the rise of psnation and the nintendomination thread but while they're at it people just have to say they dislike our thread... just not as direct...

Thank you for sharing.

By the way, I would love to see more indie games like these coming to PS Vita:

*stuff*

Nice i'd like to see them especially that card game, i like card games.

but didn't you learn from that other thread? You should have made a new thread for this... actually you should have made two new threads for this... or else how will people find this information? ;P

Seriously though if we made a thread for every pice of news or disscussion posted in here we'd probably get banned for spamming or something. Plus this is the only place on this forum where you can have a reasonable disscussion about the vita... if it weren't, this thread (probably) wouldn't be so popular. So they got themselfs to blame.

Hey guys here's a response regarding dubbing/voice tracks in Japanese games that gets localized via XSEED. Long read but it's a good read :D 

"A few comments on that:

(1) Are you really insistent upon that even for games that only feature battle voices? If the game has full voice-acting, I can ALMOST understand insisting upon keeping the voices in the original Japanese (almost!)... but if the voice-acting is minimal, and kept entirely to battle cries and such, does it really make THAT much of a difference to you? Seems especially weird for a game like Trails, where the original PC version didn't have any voices at all (the battle voices were added later when the game was ported to PSP).

(2) You have to understand that most of the time (pretty much 99% of the time at this point, really), when the original Japanese voice-acting is removed from a game during localization, it's done out of necessity, NOT by choice. NO publisher is going to remove the original voice track if there exists an option to keep it -- there'd be no reason to, after all! But I speak from personal experience when I tell you that there are many, many times where publishers aren't given any choice in the matter whatsoever. Technical limitations and storage space aren't the only factors, either -- there's also that dreaded specter known as LICENSING. Sadly, everyone who's ever spoken a line of dialogue or sung a phrase of music in a video game signed a contract of some sort... and some of those contracts, ESPECIALLY in Japan, can be pretty draconian when you get down to the fine print. It's not at all uncommon for a Japanese voice-actor to record his/her voice for a game under the stipulation that it ONLY be used within the country of Japan, making it ILLEGAL to use those lines anywhere else in the world.

I'm not able to comment as to whether or not this is the reason we've removed Japanese voice tracks from some of our past titles, but I can give a relatively well-known example from the world of anime: Kodocha. When that show was brought to the U.S. by The Right Stuf, there were major licensing problems associated with the first opening theme, "19 O'Clock News" by the band Tokio. Not only was that song originally used as the opening theme for episodes 1-51 of the show, but Tokio's lead singer Mamo made a cameo appearance in episode 1 as himself, exchanging a few lines of dialogue with the series' main character Sana. And when the show was brought over to North America, absolutely NONE of that could be used due to licensing issues. Not only did Right Stuf have to substitute the second opening theme (originally used in episodes 52-102 of the anime) in place of the first, but they had to bleep out all of Mamo's lines from the Japanese language track on the DVD, and I think they even had to bleep out Mamo's NAME when Sana spoke it!

Now, that's a pretty extreme example, but it just goes to show you that Japanese contract law can be a HUGE problem, oftentimes leaving publishers with only three choices: release the game with dubbed voices, release the game with NO voices (bearing in mind that most games featuring English voice-acting also have an option to TURN OFF the voice-acting, so there's no reason dubbed voices are any worse than no voices)... or don't release the game at all.

And while I do understand your passion for playing things in their original language, I would urge you not to avoid supporting games simply because their language tracks have been dubbed. Remember, when you pay for a game, you're compensating the publisher for all the work they did to translate it, edit it, test it, master it, produce it, etc. We do a tremendous amount of work to make sure these games are playable and enjoyable in our own language, and it's extremely disheartening to hear that anyone would choose NOT to support us, even if it's a game they really want to play, simply because we were forced to dub the voice track into English. Especially since, quite honestly, I think most publishers would prefer to leave EVERY game in its original Japanese -- dubbing a game's voices is a time-consuming and costly process, and electing not to dub something invariably makes it take less time to release AND cost less money. And what publisher WOULDN'T want that?!

So yeah... bottom line, if you're going to "vote with your wallet," as it were, please make sure you know what you're voting FOR. By not supporting games that publishers had no choice but to dub, you're not sending the message that you want fewer dubs... you're sending the message that you want fewer games of that type released in English, period. And I'm pretty sure that's NOT the message you're trying to send.

-Tom"

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
KylieDog said:

It is reasonable complaint, if I don't click this thread everytime I log in and leave it 2 days I suddenly have several pages to scroll through.

Not at all. Everyone is helpful. If you can't find the info in like the last two pages or so you can just as easily ask. Plenty of people do and they get the information they need real quick

If people are already aware of the info why would they ask? 

As an example, if a release date for a random game is made and it gets posted in the middle of several new pages, if people stop talking about it how would someone know to ask about the release date being announced?

I'm not sure what your point is

The complaints are mainly about not being able to find the information that's mentioned in the thread title. If they don't have time go through the pages they can just ask

If they don't know about something...they won't have an issue with not being able to find them >_> that makes no sense. 

IF it's about not knowing about the latest information about Vita...they are more than welcome to try and find them themselves. If they are concerned about spreading vita news on this forum they can always make threads about the new stuff themselves. Plenty of gaming media out there. If you are too lazy to do that or to go through this thread....why bitch? I nor those who post/use have no 'responsibility' towards them. 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

huiii said:

but didn't you learn from that other thread? You should have made a new thread for this... actually you should have made two new threads for this... or else how will people find this information? ;P

Seriously though if we made a thread for every pice of news or disscussion posted in here we'd probably get banned for spamming or something. Plus this is the only place on this forum where you can have a reasonable disscussion about the vita... if it weren't, this thread (probably) wouldn't be so popular. So they got themselfs to blame.

Silly me, I'm a slow learner! Sorry, my bad :P

If I had to choose between them it would be Terraria.

KylieDog said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
KylieDog said:

If people are already aware of the info why would they ask? 

As an example, if a release date for a random game is made and it gets posted in the middle of several new pages, if people stop talking about it how would someone know to ask about the release date being announced?

Here's a piece of advice. Use 100 posts per page (or whatever the maximum is) and then use ctrl alt F. Type the name of the game and voila. 5 second process, really. There might be 3 or 4 posts using that word/game you're looking for. It's THAT easy. I do it all the time

RafaelOrix said:
huiii said:

That one looks interesting as well but it didn't really sound like they were working on a vita port i mean "if the ps360 version does well then...." doesn't sound to encouraging

huiii said:
RafaelOrix said:
huiii said:

That one looks interesting as well but it didn't really sound like they were working on a vita port i mean "if the ps360 version does well then...." doesn't sound to encouraging

True. Perhaps if Minecraft comes to PS Vita they will feel compelled to do it too. By the way, another game I would like to see on Vita (funny how lately I've been interested on indie games).