By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
NesFe said:
Kresnik said:
NesFe said:

I just noticed that Tales of Abyss on 3DS did better in USA than it did in Japan (bombed in Europe though), so I don't get why they wouldn't try to localize other Tales games on portables. Anyways, I'm really enjoying Tales of Hearts R. Look at the pretty picture :)

-pic

I'm playing Tales of Graces at the moment, and there are lots of pretty artistic scenes and beautifully designed caverns and stuff.  I'm really enjoying it.  And it just makes me long to have a portable Tales game.  

The thing with Abyss was: the translation was already (mostly) done.  They'd have to start with scratch for Innocence/Graces, and I presume their translation team is currently working on Tales of Xillia.  I wish they'd just outsource it to NIS or something.  I remember reading somewhere Baba saying that he'd like to bring Hearts to western audiences.

You're right, i didn't think about the Tales of Abyss's english script mostly existing ^^".

I've read on several US localization companies (Xseed, NISA ) that they both tried to localize Tales games before and Namco refused. why !? If Namco wasn't going to localize, how would another company localizing their game effect them negatively? I am not familiar how localization works, but isn't it pure win for Namco ? Namco I don't understand you :(

its the ego, I seen a interview from them a while back, where they where basically saying they treat The Tales series extremely delicately, and only about 1of4 Tales games don't get cancelled or basically make it cause they only want the best, I can say wtf cause there are a few crap ones. but whatever. Basically the issue with localization, they literally said that only one of the Tales studios can do the localization and they won't allow anyone else, kinda like how FF is mainly treated. I think the one time or so they let someone else they were nt satisfied. I heard exceed tried to help out with FFT-0 but Square also turned them down for the same thing basically. These companies are sometimes really extr, but seeing that FF actually has good effort put into the english releases it's understandable. Talez on the other hand basically throws english voices and english dialogue and spits it out, while SE atleast tunes the lipsync etc. basically he only way a Tales game gets localized is if the have a Tales dev team that has no projects for a while they said lol. 

Around the Network

I just checked near and lol Soul Sacrifice is the top most played game and nothing else comes closed. The top 3 games are Soul Sacrifice, Phantasy Star and Ragnarok Odyssey. In that order. Gosh do we really like hunting games.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Teflon02 said:

its the ego, I seen a interview from them a while back, where they where basically saying they treat The Tales series extremely delicately, and only about 1of4 Tales games don't get cancelled or basically make it cause they only want the best, I can say wtf cause there are a few crap ones. but whatever. Basically the issue with localization, they literally said that only one of the Tales studios can do the localization and they won't allow anyone else, kinda like how FF is mainly treated. I think the one time or so they let someone else they were nt satisfied. I heard exceed tried to help out with FFT-0 but Square also turned them down for the same thing basically. These companies are sometimes really extr, but seeing that FF actually has good effort put into the english releases it's understandable. Talez on the other hand basically throws english voices and english dialogue and spits it out, while SE atleast tunes the lipsync etc. basically he only way a Tales game gets localized is if the have a Tales dev team that has no projects for a while they said lol. 

I get that, but the thing is most Tales games are 500K-600k sales wise. So other than the brand name the series earned by being over 15 years old franchise, it's not a big franchise at all.

NesFe said:
Teflon02 said:

I get that, but the thing is most Tales games are 500K-600k sales wise. So other than the brand name the series earned by being over 15 years old franchise, it's not a big franchise at all.

If they tried localizing some of their tales games earlier they could have a larger fan base. The tales of vesperia on the xbox did really well for a jrpg. They should of released the PS3 version to the west to gain momentum for this series outside of japan. 

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

I swear people bitch about this thread at least once every 3 months :S I don't get it. If these people start using the vita thread over at gaf they would kill themselves or something

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

I noticed that thread, but I didn't bother posting. In the first place what is the point of a such a thread other than hating.

What's going on, are they upset that we're enjoying a doomed system with no gaemz again?

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
What's going on, are they upset that we're enjoying a doomed system with no gaemz again?

The usual it moves too fast I can't find the info stuff 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

rutea7 said:
any news on a release date for atelier totori plus in EU or US? I've been playing atelier meruru lately and i was thinking how cool it would be to have it on the go.

No news since the Australian rating board classification.

I'm hoping for a reveal some day soon, too.  It's Tecmo Koei and the localisation is done, so I think there's a pretty high chance.  I'm holding off on starting Totori because I want to play it on Vita.  Might buy Ayesha instead for the time being.

Those of us who check this thread regularly seem to have no problem with it being so large... If we made threads for all the info posted here the forums would be so spammed too. And most people don't seem to care at all about game news from Japan, much less about the Vita, besides trolling the weekly sales figures.

I'm really excited about the Atelier news, if Gust decides to go with two series they have an opportunity to continue the Dusk series as a more story focused game, I really wanted Gust to make a series like Atelier Iris again. Ayesha was very pleasing in that regard, I enjoyed it more than Arland. The Arland Vita plus games are also successful due to their low cost, and Gust is more focused on pleasing their loyal fans than raking in huge amounts of cash. Obviously they still need to profit, but it's a more refreshing style of business than I can say about certain giant game companies. The chances of localization also seem high, PS3 is almost guaranteed. I don't see why they wouldn't localize the Vita games since the translation is mostly done. They could always go PSN only if distribution costs were a concern.

Also, more Neptune shots from the Dengeki event! Compile Heart is really pushing the series hard with the upcoming anime.