By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
BaldrSkies said:

As for actual gameplay it's fantastic.

Yeah. I'm pretty surprised, actually. I didn't expect much more than a cheap Dynasty Warriors knockoff with ridiculous boobies. But the fundamentals are really, really good.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
Guys, I am thinking of making a Vita recommended games thread. I don't think we have one here already, and Smeags always makes such nice ones for Nintendo consoles and I like making lists, so I'd like to make a similar one for our beloved handheld. Who knows, might end up being a useful resource for some people too.

So recommend me your favourite Vita games! Was planning on using the following categories:

Action/Adventure

Fighting

Platforming

Puzzle/Rhythm

Racing

Role-Playing

Shooting

Sports

I was just going to pull all the 70+ games off metacritic to make the list, but I realised it's probably not fair since niche but decent stuff like Dynasty Warriors or Earth Defence Force would get left behind. So I wanted just to make the best list I could, and where better to ask than here?

Cheers.

Action/Adventure Soul Sacrifice, Wait for Tearaway, and i supousse You have played Gravity Rush RIGTH?!

Fighting: Blazblue Continum Shift Extend (until yesterday was 12.25$ :/ on the store), Dead or Alive + next week ^^, Mk is pretty good and UMvC3 too.. Avoid SF x TKN and I'm not sure about Realuity Fighters...

Platforming: Dokuro, tales from space a Mutant blob, little Big Planet, rayman origins.

Puzzle/Rhythm: Sound Shapes, hatsune miku project Diva, Lumines, Dokuro (only puzzle+Platform).

Racing: Need for Speed, Ridge racer is decent but.. that DLC system is really crappy.. so let's wait offers on the game and DLC...

Role-Playing: only Disgaea 3 relaased until now, but later will come Y's Celceta Sea of Trees, Valhalla Knigths, Atelier totori+ and probably more.. Ragnarok oddissey and Persona 4 seems to be must play...

Shooting: unit13 until Killzone Mercenary Release, but if you like arcade shooters SINE MORA is a MUST! Really awesome game, on gameplay, graphics, music, and Story! FOR ONLY 9.99$ Oddworld Stranger is another option!

Sports: MLB the Show, MAdden  and Fifa are the only one released... there's Hot Shot Golf, that's pretty funny but is more arcade... from the fisrt Tree, MLB the Show is the better if You like baseball...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

badgenome said:
BaldrSkies said:

As for actual gameplay it's fantastic.

Yeah. I'm pretty surprised, actually. I didn't expect much more than a cheap Dynasty Warriors knockoff with ridiculous boobies. But the fundamentals are really, really good.

It actually reminds me a bit of a fighting game like BlazBlue, although not nearly as technical. It has perfect guard/countering, strong attacks for guard break, health sacrifice for limit break to counter combo stunlocks, special attack gauge, lots of varied combos especially if you consider the 3 forms each character has. The aerial combat is not bad either, although not as deep as in a Tales game.

Kresnik said:
Guys, I am thinking of making a Vita recommended games thread. I don't think we have one here already, and Smeags always makes such nice ones for Nintendo consoles and I like making lists, so I'd like to make a similar one for our beloved handheld. Who knows, might end up being a useful resource for some people too.

So recommend me your favourite Vita games! Was planning on using the following categories:

Action/Adventure

Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Assassin's Creed Liberation, MGS HD

Fighting

Blazblue CS Extend, Mortal Kombat

Platforming

Little Big Planet, Rayman Origins, Sound SHapes, Mutant BLob Attack

Puzzle/Rhythm
Dokuro

Racing

Wipeout 2048

Role-Playing

Virtue's Last Reward, New Little King Story, Persona 4G

Shooting

Unit 13, Oddworld Stranger Wrath

Sports

Jet Set Radio(yeah, not really a sport ... ), Fifa Football, Virtua Tennis 4, Everybody'Golf

I was just going to pull all the 70+ games off metacritic to make the list, but I realised it's probably not fair since niche but decent stuff like Dynasty Warriors or Earth Defence Force would get left behind. So I wanted just to make the best list I could, and where better to ask than here?

Cheers.

My selection.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Finally picked up dj max technicka tune, lots of fun even if I am bad at it.

Around the Network

Has anyone played Prince of Persia: Rival swords on psp? I haven't played PoP3 yet and this might be the time to play the game and get in touch with my Vita :)

in other words, is the game playable with no second analoge to control the camera? How I wish someone would reply with "all psp games got patched to take advantage of the vita's second analog, where do you live? under a rock?"

Anyone familiar with the Hyperdimension Neptune series on PS3?

Apparently there's a new game coming to Vita in June.

『神次元アイドル ネプテューヌPP』 PSV 6/20 6279円 DL版5300円 限定版8379円
Kami Jigen Idol Neptune PP

Compile Heart also seems pleased with their 50k+ Monster Monpiece sales.

Nice. Seems like a loli-gical move for the series.

BaldrSkies said:

http://gematsu.com/2013/03/god-dimension-idol-neptune-pp-set-for-ps-vita

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

small44 said:
BaldrSkies said:

http://gematsu.com/2013/03/god-dimension-idol-neptune-pp-set-for-ps-vita

I wouldn't be too trusting of gematsu, they really screwed up their information bad for Sen no Kiseki before. Like totally wrong translations and just plain misinformation bad.