By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

MOAR vita goodness..MOAR

NEW Sound Shapes DLC (honestly...this looks like a fantastic idea for a stand alone platforming game!)

Fantastic pricing too! ;)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

It's only 1,49€. It's cheap. Since I got so far all the other DLC, I'll be picking up this one as well. Can't wait for MGS Collection tomorrow :)

Switch Galaxy looks like a decent PSM game. Looks like wipeout meets a guitar hero style lanes gameplay.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

M.U.G.E.N said:
NesFe said:

check out this japanese vita commercial.

Who need girls, when you have a vita.

hahah that looked awesome. Do you know what the guys are saying in the first part of the video?

@Badgenome: LOL imagine if this actually comes to the west and Sessler and co gets to review it! 

Basically the ad is selling the vita as a co-op hunter gaming device.

The girl voice commentator is saying co-op play and then show a scene from a game then real life .The first guy is telling the girls that his friends are real good guys and they reply at the same time, not as good as you(they are trying to make each other look good for the girls, co-op play :p). At karoake, Girl voice : simultaneous attack(guys dancing and singing at same time), and finally girl voice : sinking or failing would be more appropriate.

NesFe said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
NesFe said:

check out this japanese vita commercial.

Who need girls, when you have a vita.

hahah that looked awesome. Do you know what the guys are saying in the first part of the video?

@Badgenome: LOL imagine if this actually comes to the west and Sessler and co gets to review it! 

Basically the ad is selling the vita as a co-op hunter gaming device.

The girl voice commentator is saying co-op play and then show a scene from a game then real life .The first guy is telling the girls that his friends are real good guys and they reply at the same time, not as good as you(they are trying to make each other look good for the girls, co-op play :p). At karoake, Girl voice : simultaneous attack(guys dancing and singing at same time), and finally girl voice : sinking or failing would be more appropriate.

haha co op dating! funny stuff. Thanks for the explanation 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

Guys, I am thinking of making a Vita recommended games thread. I don't think we have one here already, and Smeags always makes such nice ones for Nintendo consoles and I like making lists, so I'd like to make a similar one for our beloved handheld. Who knows, might end up being a useful resource for some people too.

So recommend me your favourite Vita games! Was planning on using the following categories:

Action/Adventure

Fighting

Platforming

Puzzle/Rhythm

Racing

Role-Playing

Shooting

Sports

I was just going to pull all the 70+ games off metacritic to make the list, but I realised it's probably not fair since niche but decent stuff like Dynasty Warriors or Earth Defence Force would get left behind. So I wanted just to make the best list I could, and where better to ask than here?

Cheers.

A lot of Vita games in the latest Famitsu reviews
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=156932

One Piece looks like a winner, although one point less than PS3 version.
Atelier Meruru was also looking good from their countdown videos!

I will share with you my review of GOW:Ascension because I know some people here also have PS3 :D

The best GOW game yet!!! it is SPARTACULAR!!!

This game is everything I have expected for it to be; Brutal and Spectacular! This is the most refined GOW game yet (YES EVEN BETTER THAN GOW3), with great combat additions, great variaty on the scenery, nice puzzles and great pacing. I know that it is not as Epic as GOW3, but that is because of it being a prequel, so Kratos cant fight a Titan or other things like that, but still it is freaking epic and ultra fun to play.

The combat mechanics have some important changes. first of all you have a rage bar (like in previous GOW games) but when it fills, Kratos does more damage, and can do more moves. You fill it when you attack, and loose some when you are hit. So the game emphasis is to be very aggressive, while dodging in order to prevent your rage bar to get empty. It really changes the dynamic of the combat and makes it more tense, and satisfying. And also, instead of having it full and have more moves, and do more damage, you can unleash it in one heavy blow that deals damage to every enemy nearby. So you have to see which tactic to use depending on the situation.

The weapons system in Ascension is really nice implemented in this game. For me better than in GOW3, because of instead getting different kinds of the same blades (that are not as useful as the original), you alter the original blades with elemental power and thus enabling you to some really crazy stuff, and also you have the ability of using weapons dropped in the stage an complement your combos with lots of great stuff, or if you dont feel like picking them up, there is a new melee system that is also really sweet. You can also use some gadgets in combat and stop time. really really sweet!!

The grapple here is changed. Now you grab opponents with R1 instead of circle, and now you can do a lot more stuff while you have grabbed them. You can either hit the one you grabbed, throw him against other enemies, or even while grabbing him fight other dudes. The combat is freaking awesome as you may be already expecting.

Another addition to combat is that when a monster is about to die, and you trigger the killing minigame, there are some enemies, that offer a QTE-less minigame, and now you are the one to dodge and hit him when having the chance. There are also the other minigames with QTEs, but they are done really good too, so they dont take the action out of the game. In fact they bring a quite stylish cinematic appeal to the gameplay.

The soundtrack is the best of any GOW game yet. Even though it has at times music featured in other GOW games, they have been changed and tweaked, making the experience even more epic.

How the story unfolds, is really nice. You get a much deeper story experience than in any other previous GOW game. The acting the motion capture is top-notch!!!! I wont spoil the story for you so I will stop right there.

The now features a new game plus option, which is really nice, because it adds even more replayability than before.

If this game only had the single player portion it would be still the best GOW game out there, with a SP longer than GOW3!! BUT there is more in the package.

The multiplayer is really cool, I have not played much yet, because I also have some responsibilities, but so far it is really entertaining. I picked up ARES as the olympian I would fight for, so that I can also be some sort of Kratos in the MP lol XD. Each Olympian gives to his champions different abilities, so it is really cool to play against and with other people that have different kind of sets of moves, and look in awe their great attacks even if they are killing you. The game is well balanced, and even though it is based on MP modes we have already played in other games, the fact that this is GOW, makes them really fun and visceral to play.

As you already noticed I am having an spectacular, and fun time playing this. If you are a GOW fan, dont let you to be convinced by reviewers who have not even bothered in exploring all the things the developers have added in this game. This game is quite amazing if play and explore it just like you did the previous GOW games or any other game. And if you are not a fan, and you just want to play a great action adventure game, if you play this game, and let it flow you will have an amazing experience with it.

For me, this is the best action-adventure/hack n slash game I have ever played. the gameplay, the music, the story, the graphics, are amazing, and together bring to life an outstanding package you can not miss.

FINAL SCORE: 10/10

Go buy it.....NAO!!!! XD

Kresnik said:
So recommend me your favourite Vita games!

Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Persona 4, Zero Escape, Unit 13, EDF, and Retro City Rampage.

And from what I've played so far, Senran Kagura is an absolute winner for those willing to import.

badgenome said:
Kresnik said:
So recommend me your favourite Vita games!

Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Persona 4, Zero Escape, Unit 13, EDF, and Retro City Rampage.

And from what I've played so far, Senran Kagura is an absolute winner for those willing to import.

I've finished about half of Senran Kagura (done with Gessen and almost done with Hebijo, and 10 of the 20 individual modes), and yes it is a great game underneath the T&A. The story sections are surprisingly dark and bloody, like the part in Miyabi's past where she witnesses her mother's skull crushed and blown off her body by a demon. Yeah... It feels a little of an awkward contrast with the actual game sections because they aren't nearly as serious. They tell each other to die but they just knock them out and rip their clothes. I don't think you actually get to fight any of those crazy demons either. The individual character mode mini stories are also all just plain silly, although in a good way. As for actual gameplay it's fantastic.

By the way, if you want to unlock Homura's team without clearing the other 3 schools first, on the school selection screen hold L and R and input ↑←→↓↑→←↓↑→↓←↑↑←↓→↑. Courtesy of Famitsu.