By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix’s E3 2011 lineup

At least they are showing their best upcoming RPG.... Dungeon Siege III

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Definitely looking forward to FF XIII-2 and Deus Ex. Great line up overall!

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

darthdevidem01 said:

On TOpic:

Best Lineup by anyone except SONY...

-Sequel to one of my fav games of this gen

-Deus Ex which looks amazing

-Tomb Raider reboot

- Hope of FF Type-0 to be there which looks phenomenol

SE You are the King of the dome of my hearts for the 3rd time in a row.

I hope you announce something that is PS3 exclusive

I thought FFvXIII would be at the conference, if it isn't listed, then it could be a surprise.

...At Microsoft's conference.

Anyway, I think people need to show Square Enix more love, I love the games they make and I love the games they publish. Can't wait for the Tomb Raider re-boot, I'm eagerly awaiting the Tomb Raider Trilogy which is supposed to come in the post tomorrow.

darthdevidem01 said:
Fab_GS said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Fab_GS said:
Slimebeast said:

I'm confused. People say "no versus", but what is FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 then?

Is there three Final Fantasy 13's planned???

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is the sequel to Final Fantasy XIII. Final Fantasy Versus XIII, on the other hand, is a spin-off of the series.

All of those games are considered part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series.
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Fabula_Nova_Crystallis:_Final_Fantasy

Its not a spin off.

Its a seperate game, full budget and all.

It's a spin-off or part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series. That's what I meant.

A spin off is a lower budget side story to a given title.

XIII-2 could be classified as a spin off, as X-2 could too.

But Versus XIII is a BIG BUDGET (bigger budget than XIII for sure) entry with an alternate story

It is NOT a spin off.

You do know a spin-off term relates nothing to big budget. Fraser is a spin-off of Cheers, X-men Wolverine movie was a spinoff of the franchise movie X-men, Mario Kart is a spin-off of Mario Bros which is a spinoff of Donkey Kong. 

Spin-off means the process of deriving a new media product from an existing product or franchise. 

Edit: I know some people might argue that Mario Bros is a direct sequel, but I consider it more of a spinoff franchise.

Acevil said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Fab_GS said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Fab_GS said:
Slimebeast said:

I'm confused. People say "no versus", but what is FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 then?

Is there three Final Fantasy 13's planned???

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is the sequel to Final Fantasy XIII. Final Fantasy Versus XIII, on the other hand, is a spin-off of the series.

All of those games are considered part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series.
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Fabula_Nova_Crystallis:_Final_Fantasy

Its not a spin off.

Its a seperate game, full budget and all.

It's a spin-off or part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series. That's what I meant.

A spin off is a lower budget side story to a given title.

XIII-2 could be classified as a spin off, as X-2 could too.

But Versus XIII is a BIG BUDGET (bigger budget than XIII for sure) entry with an alternate story

It is NOT a spin off.

You do know a spin-off term relates nothing to big budget. Fraser is a spin-off of Cheers, X-men Wolverine movie was a spinoff of the franchise movie X-men, Mario Kart is a spin-off of Mario Bros which is a spinoff of Donkey Kong. 

Spin-off means the process of deriving a new media product from an existing product or franchise. 

Whatever

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

No Versus XIII or Type-0. What a shame. And I'm surprised not more people are complaining that XIII-2 is also the 360. This is good.

AceOfCakez said:

No Versus XIII or Type-0. What a shame. And I'm surprised not more people are complaining that XIII-2 is also the 360. This is good.

Its not XIII-2 people are complaining about, it's Versus.

I think XIII-2 should be on the XBOX 360, it's a sequel to a game already on the XBOX 360 and it was announced as multiplatform from the get-go, not halfway into development so Microsoft could take a shit on SONY.

They probably keep Versus and Agito for TGS.

Boutros said:

They probably keep Versus and Agito for TGS.

LOLOLOLOLOL

Type-0 which was Agito is releasing in Summer in Japan....they won';t have it at TGS

Technically this should've been its LAST E3.

I am hoping for a surprise NGP port announcement!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

ethomaz said:

No FFvXIII = FAIL.

I second that lol

And The cycle is continuing to repeat itself lmfao

People that want Versus to go multi:  "Just wait till E3(no announcement) Just wait till TGS(no announcement) Just wait till *insert random conference here*(no announcement)  Just wait till E3(again, no announcement) then repeat this for.... how many times has this been repeated again?  Since like '07 or '08? lmfao

*sits back and waits for somebody to reply to this comment with a "Just wait till *insert conference here* you'll see!"

dunno001:

"Needless to say, I've never trusted them, or, frankly, any other review source. What I do trust, is what I see with my own eyes and play with my own hands."

Favorite Games of All-Time:

1.  Star Ocean 3   2. Kingdom Hearts:  Birth by Sleep  3. Kingdom Hearts 1/2  4.  Metal Gear Solid 4    5.  Super Mario 3  6.  Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess/Ocarina of Time  7. Uncharted 2