By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - DICE: death of PC claim is ‘bullshit’

shio said:
tallgnome said:

I just like to think those who think "PC gaming is dying" are just trolls.

You'd be surprised how many people still believe that PC Gaming is declining.

I know, but I feel the people on these forums are just trolls on pc gaming dying

Around the Network

I like this graph as well-

BUllshit. They wouldnt scrub mechanics like regenerating health in BF3, even in single-player, if they cared to design PC games. I still hope it's not true.

Edit: Bullshit about DICE focusing on PC, not PC not dying.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:

BUllshit. They wouldnt scrub mechanics like regenerating health in BF3, even in single-player, if they cared to design PC games. I still hope it's not true.

Edit: Bullshit about DICE focusing on PC, not PC not dying.

they are at least focusing more on PC than any other multiplatform developer... 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Did you guys actually read the article mentioning the at WW PC gaming revenue was up 19% ?

25% of that WW revenue is in China where western revenue make virtually no sales.

What would be interesting to know is how the western PC market did YoY...

And how big a share social gaming is in that market ( farmville and co).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

Ah, so now whole geographical areas 'don't count', along with certain types of games. Sad.

Ail said:

Did you guys actually read the article mentioning the at WW PC gaming revenue was up 19% ?

25% of that WW revenue is in China where western revenue make virtually no sales.

So MMOs, Chinese games and  social games don't belong to PC gaming. Good to know.

Who cares how much was made in China, it is still PC gaming.

Steam had a 178% revenue growth in the first 9 months of 2010, and a 200% sales growth. It means that in the first 9 months of 2010, games were sold 3 times more than in the first 9 months of 2009.

Ail said:

Did you read the report? From the report:

"China continues to be the largest and fastest growing market for PC games with record 2010 revenue of $4.8 billion. However, mature game markets in Korea, Japan, U.S., U.K. and Germany all showed growth in 2010. Together these markets increased revenue 19% in 2010 to $7.3 billion."

The Western and established markets did show growth. And why does it matter if the revenue is for Western companies?

Zkuq said:

Every time someone mentions 'PC gaming dying', I can't help thinking of this picture:

Also, usually I can't help posting it.

huaxiong90 said:

OT: I wonder what the PC benefits of Battlefield 3 will be?

Much more players (64 on PC, 24 on consoles), dedicated servers (could be on consoles too, though I don't think there's any reason to think so yet), better graphics (obviously), probably easier and more versatile controls and quick chat options (really, quick chat is great), customizable controls. I don't think they've actually confirmed much of that but it should be pretty obvious.

Damn, you beat me to it! PC gaming has been happily dying for as long as I've been happily living.

ssj12 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

one thing worse than dying is torture and thats what pc is going through every time they have a game cancelled or someone makes a game for xbox/ps3 but not pc.....oh and when a pc exclusive goes to console (soon diablo III according to job listings)

its not dead but IT IS dying.

So thats why there are more exclusives on PC every year then all consoles and handhelds put together... ok then.

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html?site=&cat=0&year=2010&numrev=0&sort=0&letter=&search=

I see 18 console exclusives vs 4 PC exclusives in top games last year...and 6-0 in this year as for now.if this is the king of gaming market "his majesty PC" than keep it going...  also 21mln sales of COD:BO vs 1,5mln on PC and console game prices are twice higher...you are saying some serious BS here.

PC gameing is getting bigger because gameing busines as a whole is getting bigger.Console market is now twice as big as in the same time in PS2 generation.if i'm wrong than why biggest PC only titles comed to consoles in past years? Fallout,COD,The Sims,Battlefield,Elder Scrolls and many many more...

and what was most profitable games on PC last year?WoW and Farmvile...

I don't hate PC.I play minecraft,Civ,sim City and Settlers very often but I do not like when someone spreads BS.