By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Announces Move.me, Failed To Mention that It Doesn’t Own It

DerangedShaman

Sony’s Senior Engineer of Developer Support, John McCutchan, announced Move.me yesterday, a  paradise for developers looking to hack the PlayStation Move controllers and make some excellent applications in the process. Unfortunately, the Sony big wigs forgot to mention that Move.me was own and operated by another company, and their pissed.

The people behind TheDomains.com was shocked to hear Sony’s announcement about Move.me, according to the TD, no one at Sony  approached them on buying the site.

“Know I didn’t sell it nor have I even been approached about the domain. Moveme.com is owned and operated as a moving site.”

“So did Sony really not understanding that there is a domain extension of .Me just name its product Move.Me? I’m at a loss here, and overloaded on Bahamian nightlife.”

Nothing seems to be going right for the electronics giant this week, first the EU blocks all shipments of the PS3 systems in Europe over patent disputes with LG now this.

http://www.derangedshaman.com/2011/03/03/sony-announces-move-me-fails-to-mention-that-it-doesnt-own-it/

Around the Network

Sony is eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvviiiiiiiiiiiiiilllll

happy?

facepalm (@the thread not the 'news')

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I am probly wrong but isnt Moveme.com different than Move.me

The latter is Move DOT me, (is it not?)

and the former is all one word... with no DOT.

haha I feel like Dr. Seuss writing all that.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

lol sony want people to hack move  

Around the Network

Types move.me.com (note the dot)...Server not found...isn't that interesting.  Just because some stupid idiot has used moveme.com doesn't mean he also has the rights to move.me.com and anything else looking remotely similar to moveme.com.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

ultraslick said:

I am probly wrong but isnt Moveme.com different than Move.me

The latter is Move DOT me, (is it not?)

and the former is all one word... with no DOT.

haha I feel like Dr. Seuss writing all that.

hi5

exactly

move.me is a product name for sony, the author has a history of sony bashing

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:

facepalm (@the thread not the 'news')

i don't know where Nsanity gets his stuff, but Move.Me isn't even a domain, so the original thread is pointless.

This was on move.me

"Mike, you are reaching here.

From the Sony Release:

“Move.Me is a server application that runs on the PS3 system. It allows anyone with a PS3 to experiment with motion controls and is officially sanctioned and supported by Sony Computer Entertainment. Move.Me sends the complete state of the PlayStation Move and navigation controllers to the PC, giving you the exact same data that licensed developers typically have access to.”

It’s a server app. They are not promoting a website nor do they plan to. Not everything has to revolve around domains."

Lol wut?

SONY seems to be getting into so many silly random disputes like these recently lol

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey