By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Won’t Unveil New Exclusive Games until E3

Gamedynamo

Microsoft might have a few surprises for Xbox 360 gamers, but they don’t plan to announce any Xbox 360 exclusives until E3 2011. At least, that’s what it looks like, considering what Microsoft’s Kevin Unangst told Spanish gaming outlet Meristation at the Microsoft 2011 Showcase in San Francisco.

He mentioned Gears of War 3 and the announcement of Forza Motorsport 4 and Halo content as valuable information they had made public in the past few months, but he also said the purpose of the Showcase was to show their Spring line-up, rather than adventuring into announcements for the summer and fall. He stated that they have a big enough number of great franchises like Halo, Fable, Forzaand Gears; some will arrive this year and others will return when it’s time. He said it was “too soon” to talk about further announcements.

Unangst also said that it’s not all about exclusives, explaining that solid titles like Bulletstorm, Crysis 2, andCall of Duty were a great complement to go along with their Xbox 360 exclusives, and that there was a more than ideal library of games for hardcore gamers.

As for Kinect, he told the news outlet that there’s a lot more potential that goes beyond party and casual games, and that “it came out not long ago and it’s too early to comprehend the success it’s having”. He alleged “it’s just the beginning” and that they’re looking for new ideas to do even more things with it.

As you can see, Microsoft is proud of what they’re doing, and it’s quite obvious that they don’t plan to announce anything else before E3, especially now that their Showcase event is over. The question is... What will they actually announce at E3? Will there be any surprises for hardcore Xbox 360 gamers? We can only hope.

http://www.gamedynamo.com/article/showarticle/817/en/Microsoft_Wont_Unveil_New_Exclusive_Games_until_E3

Around the Network
axumblade said:

I kind of figured that's how it would be this year.

Microsoft love to have a spectacle every year at E3.

Except last year! :P

Acevil said:
axumblade said:

What do you call Kinect (which was the secretive Project Natal up until that point)?

Acevil said:
axumblade said:

what was wrong with last years E3 for Ms.

I was quite amazed for example about the soon release date of Kinect and the New Slim not only looked good but again the soon release was quite a decent show up.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Fool me once, shame on you?  Fool me......err....can't get fooled again.

Around the Network

typical ms keeping everything to big stages. i expect to see this fall a new halo, gears and forza.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Let's just all hybernate until E3,like how cartman tried to do something like that until the wii came out,in an episode of south park.

Acevil said:
axumblade said:

...and the year before. Lol.

AussieGecko said:
Acevil said:
axumblade said:

what was wrong with last years E3 for Ms.

I was quite amazed for example about the soon release date of Kinect and the New Slim not only looked good but again the soon release was quite a decent show up.

It was a joke, but for the majority a lot of people found MS E32010 to be lackluster. I for one, generally agree with them, but what is one bad e3 compared to the many good ones. 

Wagram said:
Acevil said:
axumblade said:

...and the year before. Lol.

What are you talking about? The 2009 Press Conference was great.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.