By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata on 3DS vs NGP battle: “The customers will decide which is correct”

We don't have pricing or battery life of the NGP yet, but my guess is this device will not be a threat whatsoever.

Around the Network

I personally think the only place where NGP will give problems to the 3DS will be in Japan. That problem wont really be a big one, it will just be SW-Wise.

Carl2291 said:

I personally think the only place where NGP will give problems to the 3DS will be in Japan. That problem wont really be a big one, it will just be SW-Wise.

You can only say for sure once the price and SKU's are declared dude.

Shonen said:

Now putting my fan boy aside i can say for sure that once someone saws the 3D on a 3DS their minds will set and they will just get a 3DS, now the biggest problem for sony is that by the time that the NGP arrives tons of millions will all ready had their 3DS experience and even with better visuais and a 5'' oled screen will take away the feeling of "That is just flat...and boring"

Probably right on this. Its the HD gaming situation all over again. People who had a PS3 or 360 and went to play a Wii game had a lot of gripes about the Wii graphics, because they werent HD. I can imagine a lot of people who play 3DS games and look at NGP games will complain about the lack of depth, as you said.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Thread fixed

Formerly known as LuStaysTru but that was back when I still knew my password.

Around the Network
Azelover said:

We don't have pricing or battery life of the NGP yet, but my guess is this device will not be a threat whatsoever.

every device is a threat wether it sells 1 million units or 50.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:
Azelover said:

every device is a threat wether it sells 1 million units or 50.

uh, no?

Chibi.V.29 said:

No trash talk? None!? Aaaw :( i came here hoping for someone epic thread about how shit Nintendo think it is >.< YOU LET ME DOWN NINTENDO!

Iwata is too cool for trash talk

Roma said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Roma said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

No trash talk? None!? Aaaw :( i came here hoping for someone epic thread about how shit Nintendo think it is >.< YOU LET ME DOWN NINTENDO!

Well they usually don’t shit talk the competition and if they do they do it in style and with no bad words :P

Reggie begs to differ about the style things xD

but, but he takes names and kicks ASS!! mabye he is getting a bit fat to do it in style though :P

Nintendo hides all their excess money in his stomach, that's why he's gotten fat

Though Iwata is probably secretly knowing how much the 3DS will sell in comparison to the NGP. Nintendo has always aimed at EVERYONE with their handhelds