By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Age of empires 3 10¢ on GFW

10c. That is a good deal. Steam should have this kind of deals too!

Around the Network

I just installed games for windwos marketplace and it has a huge huge memory leak on my machine(windows xp). It eats 10megs of ram per second until it crashes lol((gets to about 1.5gigs of ram used). Probably just a windows xp version problem since they probably put most of the work into the vista/7 version. It also might come with all the expansions. Even tho it doesnt say on the page, the picture does show the complete edition box.

It seems to automaticaly detect my region, which isn't supported.

The Netherlands must be some kind of third world country then.

Thanks Microsoft

kleen said:

I just installed games for windwos marketplace and it has a huge huge memory leak on my machine(windows xp). It eats 10megs of ram per second until it crashes lol((gets to about 1.5gigs of ram used). Probably just a windows xp version problem since they probably put most of the work into the vista/7 version. It also might come with all the expansions. Even tho it doesnt say on the page, the picture does show the complete edition box.

I've been running it on XP and GFWL works fine for me. No worse than Steam at least.

I don't have a great computer either. P4, 2GB RAM, mid range video card.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Will we ever get Age of Empires IV or a remake of The Age of Kings?

Around the Network

Doubt it, Microsoft seem to be keener to pay companies not to make games for the PC.

Slimebeast said:

Will we ever get Age of Empires IV or a remake of The Age of Kings?

Probably never, considering Microsoft killed Ensemble studios and every other PC developer they had.

GFWL is so crap, that they can't even make me buy AOE3 for 1 cent. Memory leaks, unsupported regions, locked accounts, install limits, bloated sotware, consolized interface, poor marketplace, etc...

nice deal at $.10 fired gfwl for it

Hmmm

I'm tempted, but then I keep thinking that AOEIII wasn't considered to be that great. Then, I remember playing a lot of AOEII and then to my dismay Microsoft closed down their online servers for it. . .

I just don't know....