By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Elton John: Lady GaGa's Born will completely get rid of Gloria Gaynor’s 'I Will Survive

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1649513/20101007/lady_gaga.jhtml

"I'd love to [work with her] in the future," Elton John says in the issue. "She and I come from exactly the same place. She's kind of like the bastard daughter of Elton John. I love her, and I love her ability to write. There's a chance I might do one track with her, but she's so busy and I'm so busy, we can never get together! But her record — it's f---ing amazing. 'Born This Way,' which is the title song, will completely get rid of Gloria Gaynor's 'I Will Survive.' This is the new 'I Will Survive.' That was the gay anthem. This is the new gay anthem. Actually, it's not a gay anthem — it can apply to anybody."

Lady GaGa has been given the title of QUEEN OF POP by forbes magazine, and entertainment weekly

mM
Around the Network

No it won't. Lol at Sir Elton John. I hope Lady GaGa can actually make a song that shows off her really good voice instead of what she gave us last year...

What is I will survive anyway?

HALOOOOOOOO said:

No it won't. Lol at Sir Elton John. 

This!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

sad.man.loves.vgc said:

What is I will survive anyway?

It was a *very* big song.

Around the Network

God, I hope that isn't all time "queen" she so doesn't deserve that. If it's the here and now then yeah she's top of the game.

To topple a classic such as I Will Survive will take an extraordinary song.   I dont think that is going to happen here

no offense to anyone gay here , but why do they ruin good songs by calling them gay anthem? , everyone can enjoy any music no matter what sexuality , race or w/e you are, its not that "This song is gay! so its GOOD FOR ME!!" or "Ewwwww dis song is gay and i am no homo sex!" , gay people would be throwing fuel to the fire if they're trying to differentiate themselves even more than they already do.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

the fact someone like ELTON JOHN compares her work to one of the biggest songs ever made, is impressive...

mM

Would be great. I will survive is extremely kornty to listen to now. Plus I love GaGa....