By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Metroid Other M Thread

Khuutra said:
Conegamer said:
LordTheNightKnight said:


What makes you think I'm worrying it won't do fine? That implies I'd like it to do well, which is not the case. I'm certain it's not doing as well as they hoped, even if it makes money.

And why is there this expectation that holidays will boost sales? Have you forgotten Prime 3 came at around the same time of year, and that it would have also have had a boost that didn't happen?

But there's more people with Wii's now isn't there? If they go into a shop and see this game, they'll more likely pick it up. I reckon it'll meet expectation (around 600,000 by year end) easily.

Nintendo wanted this game to double the sales of Corruption.


Oh dear... well, it still could, maybe... but it's as likely as Okami selling 1mil.



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Oria said:
Conegamer said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Conegamer said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Conegamer said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Americas are in, and it doesn't look as though Japan will be much better, since it sold worse in the second week there than Prime 3's second week in Japan.


It's UK which is killing it- out of the top 100 here :(


Well Japan has made it clear that after three weeks, only Japan first week topped Prime 3. Only America is giving the game serious sales, and even that isn't as good as the other game.


I think we'll see when things have settled down at New year. It'll do fine- don't worry :)


What makes you think I'm worrying it won't do fine? That implies I'd like it to do well, which is not the case. I'm certain it's not doing as well as they hoped, even if it makes money.

And why is there this expectation that holidays will boost sales? Have you forgotten Prime 3 came at around the same time of year, and that it would have also have had a boost that didn't happen?

But there's more people with Wii's now isn't there? If they go into a shop and see this game, they'll more likely pick it up. I reckon it'll meet expectation (around 600,000 by year end) easily.

Maybe in Japan, where it has a nice boxart. The one for Europe (U.S. is the same I think) is rather bland.

I haven't seen the Americas boxart, but I quite liked the UK one...



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:

But there's more people with Wii's now isn't there? If they go into a shop and see this game, they'll more likely pick it up. I reckon it'll meet expectation (around 600,000 by year end) easily.


"likely" is irrelevant at this point. What matters is people who WILL buy a game, not the potential customers of a userbase.

The SAME Wii owners that made No More Heroes a modest hit didn't do the same for the sequel. There were more people, so it just shows they won't buy a game simply because they have a Wii. They also have to want a game.



A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Conegamer said:

I haven't seen the Americas boxart, but I quite liked the UK one...


That's a matter of taste, but what I mean is the Japanese box really pops, while the EU/US one is pretty dark and generic.



EU/US box



LordTheNightKnight said:
Conegamer said:

But there's more people with Wii's now isn't there? If they go into a shop and see this game, they'll more likely pick it up. I reckon it'll meet expectation (around 600,000 by year end) easily.


"likely" is irrelevant at this point. What matters is people who WILL buy a game, not the potential customers of a userbase.

The SAME Wii owners that made No More Heroes a modest hit didn't do the same for the sequel. There were more people, so it just shows they won't buy a game simply because they have a Wii. They also have to want a game.


True, but this doesn't explain why games such as Just Dance sell so well :/



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Oria said:
Conegamer said:

I haven't seen the Americas boxart, but I quite liked the UK one...


That's a matter of taste, but what I mean is the Japanese box really pops, while the EU/US one is pretty dark and generic.



EU/US box


I see, but the eu box art ain't too bad IMO. Though, I'd much rather have the Japanese one...

 

POP ART FTW!



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Conegamer said:

But there's more people with Wii's now isn't there? If they go into a shop and see this game, they'll more likely pick it up. I reckon it'll meet expectation (around 600,000 by year end) easily.


"likely" is irrelevant at this point. What matters is people who WILL buy a game, not the potential customers of a userbase.

The SAME Wii owners that made No More Heroes a modest hit didn't do the same for the sequel. There were more people, so it just shows they won't buy a game simply because they have a Wii. They also have to want a game.


True, but this doesn't explain why games such as Just Dance sell so well :/


How is that related to sequel sales? And if you are bringing up quality, some people just want to goof around, even the "hardcore" gamers.



A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Why hello there people. Back from my long break from this forum to proclaim one thing:

I really liked the game. Wasn't disappointed.

That is all from me. Just continue what you were doing before I stepped in.



He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.

- Douglas Adams

UnstableGriffin said:

Why hello there people. Back from my long break from this forum to proclaim one thing:

I really liked the game. Wasn't disappointed.

That is all from me. Just continue what you were doing before I stepped in.

You also said Spirit Tracks was amazing or something like that. This just confirms how much wrong there is with Metroid: Other M.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

RolStoppable said:
UnstableGriffin said:

Why hello there people. Back from my long break from this forum to proclaim one thing:

I really liked the game. Wasn't disappointed.

That is all from me. Just continue what you were doing before I stepped in.

You also said Spirit Tracks was amazing or something like that. This just confirms how much wrong there is with Metroid: Other M.

Spirit Tracks and Other M are eerily similar, actually. Considered by many to be a too-radical departure from their franchise's conventions, slammed by Malstrom as examples of game gods gone wild, and also owners of the strongest characterization in their respective franchises (the excellent growth of Zelda in Spirit Tracks was commendable, and gives me high hopes for what they might be capable of in Skyward Sword)



Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.