By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you ashamed of playing Nintendo games?

I am on a first-name basis with Gamestop managers in three states and have an open charge account at one of the independent stores in town.

So I have never been ashamed of playing video games.  I stopped at a Toys R Us with a blind date. I bought video games while on my honeymoon. 

The closest that I have ever being ashamed came ... I forgot what I was going to say.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
Pineapple said:
Lynx said:

This feeling is unfortuately the maifistation of years of Sony (and before that, SEGA) marketing.  For how many years have we been bombarded by messages that Nitendo is kiddie, only children play Nintendo games, or that if you are a "big boy" your can play these other games that will give you affirmation about you being a tough, grown up who can handle "mature" games".

I am working on my M.A. in Psychology (research and analysis) and can spot some of these interesting tendencies that we funny creatures called humans are so prone to fall into.  In this instance, what is likely happening is the propaganda effect.  The "propaganda effect" is when reapeted exposures to a message, whether factual or erroneous,  leads individuals to believe the message more over time.  One can imagine easily that after years of advertizing that the desired effect has affected many people.

Thankfully, if you are aware of how some psychological processes happen you have a much better chance of not falling into erroneous thinking.

I actually think that's quite correct. I don't really have anything to say to that better than "well said", so well, uhm.. Well said!

this is my case.I stopped caring after 18 nearly 10  years ago.Free yourself from the ones missinformed, not only about your gaming prefferences but everything.If you enjoy collecting miniatures do it, its one of the steps toward feeling really happier overall.And the people who care about me, enjoy the same than I do.

More so, I'm ashamed I don't really care about Nintendo games.

I mean the masses go ape shit for them and I can barely muster up the interest to finish them.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

kopstudent89 said:

Hell no... and even though people in my country think it's kiddy, i for one dont. Stand up tall man :)

i agree with you dude

who cares what people think i love these games.