By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP2: Touch-screen, two cameras, games for “end 2010, beginning 2011″

Source: www.vg247.com

If you thought a hint that PSP2 may make an appearance at E3 was exciting, get a load of this shit.

Baby steps.

• MCV rumoured last week that Sony “could” announce PSP2 at E3.
  • VG247 goes digging. According to a source familiar with the matter, it’s “99 percent” it isn’t an E3 reveal.
  • But there’s much, much more.
  • Multiple British sources have confirmed that PSP2 NDAs have been in place at publishers and developers for many months.
  • PSP2 has two cameras, one forward and one backward facing.
  • It has a touch-screen, but apparently it has retained the trademark physical PlayStation buttons.
  • UK sources were previously working towards a “2010″ release. This is now “2011″.
  • One source would be “amazed” if there was any kind of physical media involved. We’ve been told it “could” be 3G-enabled, as opposed to the WiFi-only PSP go. This bit was sketchy.
  • Multiple PSP2 games are being made in Britain right now. Some have even already been canned.
  • There have been “finished units” in the UK, but we haven’t spoken to anyone that’s seen a final case.
  • When asked directly about reveal timing, one source said, “If the games were aiming for end 2010, beginning 2011, and now it’s a 2011 release, I’d say a gamescom or TGS announce for launch early next year”.
  • One source told us the machine is “fucking powerful,” being based on a four-core Cell CPU. PS3 runs on an eight-core version.

Crapped yourself yet? Good. Remember, “99 percent” certainty leaves “1 percent” of uncertainty. Don’t take your eyes of Jack’s hands in Sony’s E3 press conference on June 15.

Sounds great!

Around the Network

lmao yea ok, a "4 core cell" in a hand held device? the thing gonna have a tiny nuclear fusion system inside it instead of a battery? It might have a 4 core ARM based cpu...but theres no way in hell  they are going to cram a mini cell in there, power it, and dissipate the heat generated by it

already predicted it

Nooo stop ruining E3 surprises people!!! lol another E3 that won't have any surprises :(

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Sony haven't learned much then, I see. Anything even approaching a portable Cell is doomed to suffer the same fate as PSP - being overpriced and subject to lots of downgraded ports, only now they'll look shit compared to PS3 titles. Woopee.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

Around the Network

Sony really need to shut those leaks. Sounds interesting though, but I hope they add something more. I'd hope for more than a highpowered, singlescreen DSi.

darthdevidem01 said:

Nooo stop ruining E3 surprises people!!! lol another E3 that won't have any surprises :(

It isnt a E3 surprise tho, the article says it wnt be reveld at E3

isn't the PSP the most rumored thing ever for E3 ?
it became a tradition.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

A touchscreen with two camera's, one facing forward and one back?

Thank God. The market was really needing a handheld like that ...

''One source would be “amazed” if there was any kind of physical media involved. ''

Hopefully there is. I want to buy my games in physical form.