By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Cohort Studios: Move is “so much more accurate” than Wiimote

MaxwellGT2000 said:

crappy doctored ad...

But the doctored ad shows that it is more accurate than the Wiimote, and everyone agrees.

Even I agreed with that :)

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Hephaestos said:

I love how you speak when you have the highest prooff of the move's inaccuracy in your signature.

let me explain.

when you move your left fist to smash someone's face repeatedly... you'd expect your caracter's left fist to do the same.... not use his right fist.

The wii mote, for all the hate you have for it, does recognize left from right...

Facts:

Might wanna read up on the game before pointing fingers. Those 'cheap moves' or w/e they will be called in the final build, are gesture based mainly ;)

Reading what he said and then your response... your response makes no sense... did you read what he wrote? o_O (serious question)

As a side note, remember commercials are doctored, hell you can't have a TV screen be recorded by a camera cause the picture will look like crap and thats no way to promote your titles, all the clips you see in the commercials are added after recording so if there are any inconsistancies it's most likely because the people making the ads screwed up and the fact that the people "playing" are actors there's likely nothing even on that TV.

Yes I did, maybe I should be a bit clearer on what I said. THis game is usually is in first person yes? When they go into these cheap shots or w/e they are called, they do this close up of it. Reason: simple, imagine how that specefic action looks in first person? I don't think it will look too good ( I do agree they could have gone with that as well so I take it's a design choice on the developers part)..so hence the change in camera angle, I believe this is why there is a change of sides. If one has seen the videos when your doing your normal moves you can see Move tracks it pretty nicely ;) so there you go, ab it more detailed

Did you know that the best answer to a joke post that's based on an undeniable fact is not to argue with "I believe this is why" finishing with a ;) to make it look you had a great point there, but instead to take part in the joke and say something like "true, but the PS3 got distracted by the blond guy doing waggles" or "it's fine, I mistake my right and left hands myself, so like that the result will be the correct hand" or any other mildy funny pun you could have come up with that would dismiss the initial post.

Instead you're showing to everyone that your posts are not based on reason but on a desire to prove yourself right; here is the cream of your posts, in response to "The wii mote, for all the hate you have for it, does recognize left from right..."

""and btw wii does not have a boxing game that can immitate this type of movement. I have tried the sports resort or w/e it's caleld game and also punch out, so nope it can't track it like that :)""

did you really try punch out? cause however nice your ":)" is to make it look you have a point, the fact remains that you quoted one of the only wii games that is based on using your correct hand to punch on the correct side.... and it doesn't even use WM+ to do that.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

I know for a fact that wiimote even with wm+ cannot do this therefore ps move is more accurate:P:P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/iceatcs/Games/Gifs/PSMove-Sword-Flip.gif

also watch this

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Oh god! A sony developer working on a move launch title six months before it is released says the Move is better? NINTENDO IS DOMED! In related news, Steve Jobs has reportedly said Apple products are better than Windows, news at 11!

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

jneul said:

I know for a fact that wiimote even with wm+ cannot do this therefore ps move is more accurate:P:P

also watch this

Well as far as the ping pong thing goes

Other than the style gameplay looks the same lol

Socom 4 seems like pointer movement isn't nearly as bad as first videos of RE5 using the move controller as a pointer, still more than Wii remote, hopefully that gets fixed, but the lack of 2 reference points might make that kinda hard.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
jneul said:

also watch this

Socom 4 seems like pointer movement isn't nearly as bad as first videos of RE5 using the move controller as a pointer, still more than Wii remote, hopefully that gets fixed, but the lack of 2 reference points might make that kinda hard.

I dont think they look the same, the Wii one is on rail. Meaning that you can just swing at the right time and you will hit the ball. Maybe its a choice to make it more accessible tho. The 3D position is important in the PSmove version while in the Wii version its only the type of swing. Your character will go at the correct 3D position and then wherever you swing you will hit the ball anyway. Also you can do only a small wrist movement and it will traduct in a full swing. Doesnt seem like the PSmove version do that. Like I said, it may be a choice by Nintendo to make it more accessible not necessarily a restriction from the technology. What do you think?

Edit: maybe it has something to do with the fact that in those type of games your not always pointing the controller towards his I/R emitter. So it may relay on the accelerometers and gyroscope only.

Icyedge said:
Gintoki said:
Meh, they did not even compare to the wm+
moreover the price of these lollipops is so much more expensive ;p

The lollipops will be around the same price of the Wiimote plus, maybe cheaper considering they already have built in li-ion battery. But its an extra so in that sense it will be more expensive since you need to get the console and default controller first. I guess thats what you meant right?

absolutely not.

to every words you typed excepted lollipops.

howerver, thank you for reading my comment.

Icyedge said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
jneul said:

also watch this

I dont think they look the same, the Wii one is on rail. Meaning that you can just swing at the right time and you will hit the ball. Maybe its a choice to make it more accessible tho. The 3D position is important in the PSmove version while in the Wii version its only the type of swing. Your character will go at the correct 3D position and then wherever you swing you will hit the ball anyway. Also you can do only a small wrist movement and it will traduct in a full swing. Doesnt seem like the PSmove version do that. Like I said, it may be a choice by Nintendo to make it more accessible not necessarily a restriction from the technology. What do you think?

Edit: maybe it has something to do with the fact that in those type of games your not always pointing the controller towards his I/R emitter. So it may relay on the accelerometers and gyroscope only.

no...that does not change the gameplay that much, do you see the guy practising hard here?

Gintoki said:
Icyedge said:
Gintoki said:
Meh, they did not even compare to the wm+
moreover the price of these lollipops is so much more expensive ;p

The lollipops will be around the same price of the Wiimote plus, maybe cheaper considering they already have built in li-ion battery. But its an extra so in that sense it will be more expensive since you need to get the console and default controller first. I guess thats what you meant right?

absolutely not.

to every words you typed excepted lollipops.

howerver, thank you for reading my comment.

lol! For the price, lets see when it release, im pretty sure it will be around same price. Lets get back to each other by that time ;).

Gintoki said:
Icyedge said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
jneul said:

also watch this

no...that does not change the gameplay that much, do you see the guy practising hard here?

Theres a big difference in gameplay between a 3rd person view where you have a avatar that goes directly at the ball and his arm is always at the right height to hit the ball. And a first person view where you need to align yourself and extend your arm to hit the ball. As I said, It may be more of choice than a lack of technology support. Or it may be related to the fact that in those racket games the controller is not always sensing the I/R emitter. Or that the triangulation process would take too much time.