By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Molyneux: PS Move “not as big a step as Natal”

natal is doing the same thing the eyetoy did 8 years ago. I dont get why people are praising natal like its new technology when its already been done before just now it has facial recognition.

Around the Network

“This is purely me talking personally, but I think maybe it’s slightly more a device for the core than it is for the casual market, because I think it’s quite precise.”

Considering it's similarity (big similarity) with the Wii.....you're wrong Peter. Precision = core? Meaning that the Wiimote is imprecise, and therefore casual? Does that mean Natal is also imprecise and therefore casual? You sound really stupid saying that the device is not really going to work with the audience Sony is trying to go after because of said device's precision.

If precise = core, the only logical counter is that imprecision = casual. And since you're propping up Natal so much, putting two and two together means that you're saying (indirectly) that Natal doesn't have much precision and accuracy.

This isn't a fair response. Everyone that says this....please replace that "r" with an "l". FAIL

tensen1212 said:
natal is doing the same thing the eyetoy did 8 years ago. I dont get why people are praising natal like its new technology when its already been done before just now it has facial recognition.

this

BMaker11 said:
“This is purely me talking personally, but I think maybe it’s slightly more a device for the core than it is for the casual market, because I think it’s quite precise.”

Considering it's similarity (big similarity) with the Wii.....you're wrong Peter. Precision = core? Meaning that the Wiimote is imprecise, and therefore casual? Does that mean Natal is also imprecise and therefore casual? You sound really stupid saying that the device is not really going to work with the audience Sony is trying to go after because of said device's precision.

If precise = core, the only logical counter is that imprecision = casual. And since you're propping up Natal so much, putting two and two together means that you're saying (indirectly) that Natal doesn't have much precision and accuracy.

This isn't a fair response. Everyone that says this....please replace that "r" with an "l". FAIL

Peter = A guy who spends his day working with interfaces, game design, game testers, the general public, has released games selling over 15M copies world wide and many were called innovative and ahead of their time.

You = Some guy.

I'll take his opinion over yours.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Twistedpixel said:
BMaker11 said:

Peter = A guy who spends his day working with interfaces, game design, game testers, the general public, has released games selling over 15M copies world wide and many were called innovative and ahead of their time.

You = Some guy.

This is what he said:

"I think that Move is more for the core audience than it is the casual audience because it's a precise device"

So, precision is for the core audience, meaning imprecision is for the casual audience, based on what he's saying. Extrapolating that, since the Wii is successful, he's saying that its' device is imprecise, and since he thinks Natal is better, that device is also imprecise.

I don't know about you, but if Natal is something that Microsoft is trying to make for the casual audience, but then he says that precision is for the core audience....that just doesn't seem logical. In a nutshell, since he thinks Natal will be more successful, but precision isn't for casuals, then Natal is an imprecise device. I wouldn't go around advertising my product as such. You can ignore that if you want, but then you're just a ignorant as he is

Also, how many times have developers said such and such game can only be done on the PS3 (or at least be WAY different on the 360)? And then 360 fans say that it's just a dev spitting gibberish? In this case, that's what Molyneux is doing. You're just mad that he's on the 360 side and is wrong. Or else, when Evan Wells says that Uncharted 2 is only possible on the PS3, and you guys say otherwise...you're just "some guy". I really do hate it when people flip flop about when to choose the developer's side, and the customer's side. MGS4 was exclusive to the PS3. Many 360 fans thought it was stupid that it wasn't multiplatform. Well...Konami is a big third party developer who's made made games that have sold millions. You = some guy

Around the Network

its funny, i just read the same interview on another Forum and it's titled:

"Molyneux On Move: “I Think It’s Quite Precise”

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Twistedpixel said:
BMaker11 said:

You = Some guy.

I was not going to jump in this thread because what he says has a point up until the end when he completely loses it.

As for Peter, he is a washed up developer and he hasn't made a good game since Dungeon Keeper and Populous. I don't think he has been relevant in any way since the '90s. Out of the big developers you should take his opinion with the least amount of weight.

Other than that, saying that things are confusing is like saying that having all the analog controllers for every console last gen was confusing. Very stupid thing to say.

Twistedpixel said:
BMaker11 said:

You = Some guy.

he*s also known for talking out of his ass... remember fable?

he forgot to specify wii and ps3 having similar wii-motes will be confusing to the mass audience, not the informed gamers.

Twistedpixel said:
BMaker11 said:

You = Some guy.

Peter's a guy with a huge history of overpromising and under delivering as well as being overly optimisitc both for his own and his employer's game.

I would nonetheless always take his comments as being better informed in principle, as per your point, but I will also take his comments with a huge pinch of salt too, which is his own fault from past behaviour.

Me = not convinved about Natal or Move at this point vs my Wii whose parameters I understand fully

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...