By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Multiple Disc Argument - It just doesn’t work for anyone.

Think about it, Blu Ray barely made it into the PS3 because it was such a new tech (wasn't it even one reason for the delay?).

The PC guys in general don't have Blu ray players in their comps yet, despite them costing only $50. There is not a single PC excslusive game that is released on Blu ray, nor is there any on the horizon. It's all DVD on PC.

What I'm trying to say is that DVD in this generation is default. Blu-ray is just a bonus.

Around the Network

I don't mind swapping disks. I never have. But I do dislike the fact that I have to install every new disk on the Xbox 360. So this gen I would rather take 1 disk. But in the end it doesn't really matter.

disk swapping dosent bother me, but I never was really xposed to it, on some Gamecube games have it and other then that I never see it

Yh and we used to pay for video cassestes back in 1995 but i doubt most of us would do now.

So whats your point again?

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

It's an advantage, but not an enormous one.

For example, hypothetically, if there was a game on one PS3 disc which ran at 30fps, and the same game was on 3 X360 discs at 60fps, the 360 version would be better.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Multiple dvds is more developer/publisher problem then the player's problem. I don't think many players care if they have to swap the dvd once or twice during a 20 hour game, so long as they can start the game with any dvd. DVD swap time = time to have something to eat ;)

With hard drives becoming popular this generation, a PC style installation can easily please those few that do care about dvd swaping.

actually the only people who have a broke with it's developers.
though there is no deying one disc it's better.

Conversely you could argue the Xbox 360 and PC can have 'no discs'. If changing discs at all is a bother then the best solution is to not have discs entirely and just run everything off HDD.

If one has to have a console and yet finds changing discs to be a problem or a hassle that doesn't immediately make the PS3 the better choice because Xbox 360 owners have about 50-60 full games they can download straight onto their console and as a PC gamer I have never changed a single disc on my PC. The only time I used my optical drive was to install Windows, everything else was an online only thing.

Disc swapping isn't a big deal to me except it sort of spoils the story. If i put in that last disc i know roughly how much more game play there is from the time it took the previous discs to play out and i'll sort of know when the end of the game is coming up.

are people honestly that lazy? It just blows my mind that it really bothers people that much. Maybe if the game was more than 3 discs it would start to get annoying, but any game that is over 10 hours and 3 discs or under i don't see any reason to make such a big fuss over it. Do people honestly spend 4 hours without getting off the couch?

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X