By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The let´s celebrate that Monster Hunter 3 is a million seller thread!

@ Kasz216 Nice statistics...

To anybody who wonders, of course I´m talking about Japan.

Around the Network

Watch this game sell at least another million in the West, while the media dismiss it as being a first party title >_>

routsounmanman said:
Watch this game sell at least another million in the West, while the media dismiss it as being a first party title >_>

I wish I was confident that MH3 will sell a million in the West, but I'm not. MH is NOT an established franchise in the West, and from what I have heard the MH series has some quirks that Japanese gamers have long got used to as part of the series but Western gamers may not accept/like, making it hard for the franchise to succeed in the West.

[added]I am talking about things that don't bother me, but seem to have alienated people in the past - specifically lack of camera lock on during fights and the loading screens between areas[/added]

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

bmmb1 said:
routsounmanman said:

I wish I was confident that MH3 will sell a million in the West, but I'm not. MH is NOT an established franchise in the West, and from what I have heard the MH series has some quirks that Japanese gamers have long got used to as part of the series but Western gamers may not accept/like, making it hard for the franchise to succeed in the West.

[added]I am talking about things that don't bother me, but seem to have alienated people in the past - specifically lack of camera lock on during fights and the loading screens between areas[/added]

It seemed JRPGs were not made for the west, until FFVII broke through, so there is just as much of a chance that could happen here, especially with commercials of people weilding their Wiimotes like swords and other weapons (sure it wouldn't work that way in the game, but that's not the point).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

It could sell a mil in the west if it gets the right advertising. There's a much larger gaming base in the US alone to make the ratio pan out well. Time will tell.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Around the Network

1st, I am so glad to see it cross over that million mark in Japan alone.

Would like to thank all the MH and Nintendo fans out there, but most importantly Capcom. Make it and they will buy it.

If MH3 had free online service in Japan then I can see it living longer but anyways that's an other story. I am just waiting for EB canada to have a sweet pre-order bundle before going out and putting my depo on it.

This clearly shows Capcom they can build an other and it will sell, just need an other year or two before we get that monster popular over here.

Monster Hunter Tri : Omegas

Behold! I am Omegas

bmmb1 said:
routsounmanman said:

I could be totally off, but I have a hunch that MH3 could become a surprise hit in the west, particulrarly in America, especially if it gets a good marketing push. The game will sell 2 million in the US alone, you heard it here first! To me it seems like the style of game the West would like.

Metallicube said:
bmmb1 said:
routsounmanman said:

I could be totally off, but I have a hunch that MH3 could become a surprise hit in the west, particulrarly in America, especially if it gets a good marketing push. The game will sell 2 million in the US alone, you heard it here first! To me it seems like the style of game the West would like.

It all comes down to the ads.

Honestly, I want to go the safe route, and say that it will manage 560k in Americas lifetime. Others is even worse; maybe 220k.

However, if Nintendo and Capcom really nail selling this game to people, I believe it will do at least 1.12m in Americas and like 680k in Others.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I could see Monster hunter doing some good western numbers. 1 million isn't that much of a stretch.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."