By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu SALES (1/25 – 1/31) -- DQ6 Leads, EOE (PS3) follows!!

The number for DS looks a lot better after thereal number was available... the early leak (fake) one has it below 50K which is a sad number for DS on DQVI week.

Prediction:

DBO2: 56k
Reginliev: 12k
Madworld: 8k

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network

Comparable (developer) debuts for those predicting...

DB Origins (DS): 88,439 fw (185,229 ltd)
EDF 2017 (360): 11,969 fw (27,087 ltd)
God Hand (PS2): 28,689 fw (58,363 ltd)

Reginleiv will sell less than 50k LT if it gets lucky. A debut week of 15k~ seems probable. Madworld won't even appear in the top 20.

TvsC is not a bomb really, just a quick cash in from Capcom, so it will be profitable anyways.

Let's see how the Wii handles the rest of Q1.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

AT3 deserves the good sale, actually. I have only heard positive things about it so far.

trestres said:
Reginleiv will sell less than 50k LT if it gets lucky. A debut week of 15k~ seems probable. Madworld won't even appear in the top 20.

TvsC is not a bomb really, just a quick cash in from Capcom, so it will be profitable anyways.

Let's see how the Wii handles the rest of Q1.

I tend to agree on Reginliev, and Nintendo's recent history of no-name "hardcore" Wii bombs (Disaster, S&P2, Another Code R, Tackt of Magic, etc) don't exactly inspire confidence, but I'd say they are at least pushing Reginliev more than usual comparable games.  Motion+ may help too, similar to Family Ski getting the Balance Board bump.

Around the Network

Doesn't matter much IMO. New core IP's from them haven't gathered any interest from the Japanese gamer. Plus this comes from a really niche developer so I doubt M+ will help.

Hopefully they release it in the West to avoid big losses.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

MC Software sales isn't out yet?

trestres said:
Doesn't matter much IMO. New core IP's from them haven't gathered any interest from the Japanese gamer. Plus this comes from a really niche developer so I doubt M+ will help.

Hopefully they release it in the West to avoid big losses.

You'd think NOA/NOE would be hungry for more M+ content, but with Nintendo you never know. I can really see it going either way.  I really hope we get it though, the game looks fucking insane!

Nintendo really is going above and beyond with Reginliev, from the "Cero D" black case to the innovative "rental" promotion... I dunno, in my gut I'm still expecting it to bomb, but this time I think there's at least a glimmer of hope for something better.

NoE may want to publish this, as they have no problem with M+ content, but NoA will be very tough to convince, they haven't published a single M+ game in years. They even rejected Disaster which was already dubbed in American English and showcased at E3.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
NoE may want to publish this, as they have no problem with M+ content, but NoA will be very tough to convince, they haven't published a single M+ game in years. They even rejected Disaster which was already dubbed in American English and showcased at E3.

Disaster was actually redubbed at NOA's request even! LOL

Also, you might not know by ASH was fully localized by NOA... they just sat on it. Same with NPC Pikmin 2, Jet Impulse, Another Code R, and several other games this gen.  I almost wish Nintendo would get dropkicked back to 3rd if only to light a fire under NOA and get them to actually release this stuff. :/