Quantcast
First day sales Japan 12/3 (NSMBWii, PSP2 and Gundam vs Gundam Next)

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales Japan 12/3 (NSMBWii, PSP2 and Gundam vs Gundam Next)

"Tell me if I am mistaken but I think a commonly accepted number for SW3 Lifetime sales was 250-300k nope ? ( I know Soriku  kept mentioning that game as one of the good holidays sellers)."

I expected SW3 to hit 200k at least and with a 120k or more opening it could definitely do that. A 200k LTD game is a lot bigger than many other console games in Japan, which is pretty unfortunate. More than that we'll have to see legs. Plus, there's a fanbase that'll buy that type of game regardless so even if bundle sales come from the first day, much of FW sales might include bundles. We'll have to see how high the Wii hits this week.




Around the Network

 

Ail said:

If bundled sales are included I would say SW3 has a relatively slow start and won't be as big as some expected then ( the majority of the bundle sales will happen on first day due to limited bundle availability in most cases).

Tell me if I am mistaken but I think a commonly accepted number for SW3 Lifetime sales was 250-300k nope ? ( I know Soriku  kept mentioning that game as one of the good holidays sellers).

I made a thread a few weeks ago asking for predictions  http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=92319 

 

FW LTD
NSMBWii 628,308 3,019,615 (26 Predictions)
SW3 115,447 240,579 (19 Predictions)
ToG 199,000 350,667 (24 Predictions)
FFXIII 1,328,036 2,108,393 (28 Predictions)

Also, the average number in the Prediction League for NSMBWii and SW3 are 790K and 105K FW



Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

Ok My bad then, it's not so far off most people predictions...



PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

NSMB will probably outsell every PS3 game first week, good job Nintendo!



I don't understand why people are assuming that NSMB Wii is going to sell just like NSMB DS. The Wii is not, and never will be, the DS.



Around the Network

Oh yeah, in Others NSMBW sold about 300k first week but no one is calling it a flop. Some people really don't want the Wii to succeed in Japan it seems...

@outlaw

Try comparing the DS at the time when NSMB DS released and the Wii right now would you?




Soriku said:

Oh yeah, in Others NSMBW sold about 300k first week but no one is calling it a flop. Some people really don't want the Wii to succeed in Japan it seems...

@outlaw

Try comparing the DS at the time when NSMB DS released and the Wii right now would you?

The point is the same. It kept selling as well as it did because the console userbase is greater than the PS2 and continues to grow. The Wii will never be that.



outlawauron said:
Soriku said:

Oh yeah, in Others NSMBW sold about 300k first week but no one is calling it a flop. Some people really don't want the Wii to succeed in Japan it seems...

@outlaw

Try comparing the DS at the time when NSMB DS released and the Wii right now would you?

The point is the same. It kept selling as well as it did because the console userbase is greater than the PS2 and continues to grow. The Wii will never be that.


We're talking about FW here...

LTD, why would something like that matter? Have you seen MK DS and MK Wii sales?

MK DS: 16.26m

MK Wii: 18.60m

Then have you compared FW sales for NSMB Wii and DS? NA FW for NSMB DS it sold 171k, NSMB Wii sold 952k. In Others it sold 131k FW week and 297k FW for NSMB Wii.

You suddenly think a game like Mario, being 2D (first one in 15 years), with the Wii's profound legs, and the fact that the Wii is still selling loads (and is still on track to beat the PS2), with the inclusion of multiplayer (big feature among casuals, with the DS you can't have it the same. Does NSMB DS even have multiplayer to begin with though?) and one of the best games on the Wii so far it won't reach similar numbers? And this isn't the first case either like I said with MK Wii.

Edit: If you're talking about JP only though, we'll have to see. I wouldn't put it past NSMBW to sell millions too. Not necessrily 5-6 mil, but at least 3 mil.




outlawauron said:
I don't understand why people are assuming that NSMB Wii is going to sell just like NSMB DS. The Wii is not, and never will be, the DS.


That is not really important since this game will be a huge seller even if it won´t have the legs of the DStitle. I agree that it won´t have the legs like NSMB in the long run (that´s almost impossible) but NSMBW will probably match it in the first month or two (it´s december after all remember?). That will be good enough since NSMBW most likely will sell at least 2 million in Japan during Dec and Jan. Lifetime it will most likely not come anywhere near the DSgame but it will still sell 2-3 million at a minimum, easily outselling FF13



outlawauron said:
Soriku said:

Oh yeah, in Others NSMBW sold about 300k first week but no one is calling it a flop. Some people really don't want the Wii to succeed in Japan it seems...

@outlaw

Try comparing the DS at the time when NSMB DS released and the Wii right now would you?

The point is the same. It kept selling as well as it did because the console userbase is greater than the PS2 and continues to grow. The Wii will never be that.

So, basicaly, we can not predict NSMBWii sales base on the DS, but you know, for sure, without question, that the Wii will never be a DS saleswise. Is that it?