Yes! We watch Glee every week and its probably the only real show I keep up with... The writing is very good for a dramatic series and the song parts are pretty fun too. They've also done a really good job of making multi-dimensional charatcers.. except the gay kid. He's a horrible stereotype on the Step N' Fetchit scale.. but then so are most gay people on tv.
Sue Sylvester is awesome!
Yeah, I was really surprised when they showed Sue's sister, I wasn't really expecting that to happen, or at least for it to happen how it did.
The gay kid, meh. He's not my favorite character but randomly reading my facebook news feed last week I have one gay friend on it and he said he cried when he sang Defying Gravity so I guess maybe some people eat that stuff up?
I think the only character I don't really love what they did with is Puck. Don't get me wrong, I actually really like his character now but over the course of like one episode he went from a complete moron to a thoughtful kind of smart/clever guy. It just seemed odd like they all of a sudden decided to go a complete different direction with him.
And yeah, I think I loved every song last night (except Lean on Me, but that's because I despise that song for random reasons) and was cracking up at the start of every song because the choices were just so awesome.
- Shuester singing Endless Love Rachel with the voiceovers-- awesome and so innapropriate and funny. Also, damn, Shuester can sing.
- You're Having My Baby -- also awesome while watching the parents slowly realize what's going on and Quinn's expression change is pretty cool too.
- Don't Stand So Close to Me -- Everything about that song and the characters reactions were awesome
- I'll Stand By You -- His singing in the first episode was completely average and forgetable but he has just been getting better and better and this was easily his best yet.
- Rachel singing Crush and Shuester cutting her off -- lawl