Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 5 Over hyped Games this generation

Resistance 2 is all the game is called. No fall of man.

The only game on your list I agree with is Gears 2. I loved it, don't get me wrong. But I still enjoy the first one more and I feel as if the second one could have done ALOT more. I'm a sucker for Gears though so I can't even bitch.



Around the Network

Top 5 over hyped in my opinion:

1. Killzone 2
2. GTA 4
3. Crysis
4. Lair
5. Halo 3



Galaxy, Killzone(instead of R2), and GTA belong there.



Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Where's Killzone 2, Grand Theft Auto IV and Street Fighter IV?



Fab_GS said:
Where's Killzone 2, Grand Theft Auto IV and Street Fighter IV?

You'll find them in the "Highest Rated Games of This Generation" thread.



Around the Network
perpride said:
Fab_GS said:
Where's Killzone 2, Grand Theft Auto IV and Street Fighter IV?

You'll find them in the "Highest Rated Games of This Generation" thread.



                                                                                                             

CGI-Quality said:
DirtyP2002 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Well, "overhyped" means a game that didn't live up to the hype, which is subjective to begin with. The only game for me this gen that TRULY felt overhyped was GTA IV. Other than that, I don't think many games this gen have been "overhyped', nope not even Killzone 2 or Halo 3 either...


You are right with your first part, but I do see Resistance 2 did not live up to its hype. I mean, we talked about R2 could do Gears of War 2 numbers, maybe even pass that. but that is just saleswise, quality seemed to be a nice 8.5 / 10 game.

But how can you say Halo 3 was overhyped?

It is heading toward 11 million (!!!), it received a 94 on metacritic, it is still the most played online console game ever? I think it did what it was supposed to.

GTA IV has great sales and great critics, too. But it failed to amaze players or fans of the franchise.

All the games you mentioned were hyped, but most of them delivered.

 

Errr......read my post again, I said NOTHING of the sort.

Edit: Perhaps you're talking to the OP, and even that wouldn't be fair, the article isn't the topic creator's either...


sorry, this was a question @ OP. I should have said that.

And I saw these posts in September 08 or something. People predicting R2 could do this.



There once was a great sig here, but it got killed.

A moment of silence would be appreciated.

Ok the games were great so whats the problem with them having some sort of hype? And i also dislike how he doesnt give any reason why those particular games (especially brawl)



DirtyP2002 said:
CGI-Quality said:
DirtyP2002 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Well, "overhyped" means a game that didn't live up to the hype, which is subjective to begin with. The only game for me this gen that TRULY felt overhyped was GTA IV. Other than that, I don't think many games this gen have been "overhyped', nope not even Killzone 2 or Halo 3 either...


You are right with your first part, but I do see Resistance 2 did not live up to its hype. I mean, we talked about R2 could do Gears of War 2 numbers, maybe even pass that. but that is just saleswise, quality seemed to be a nice 8.5 / 10 game.

But how can you say Halo 3 was overhyped?

It is heading toward 11 million (!!!), it received a 94 on metacritic, it is still the most played online console game ever? I think it did what it was supposed to.

GTA IV has great sales and great critics, too. But it failed to amaze players or fans of the franchise.

All the games you mentioned were hyped, but most of them delivered.

 

Errr......read my post again, I said NOTHING of the sort.

Edit: Perhaps you're talking to the OP, and even that wouldn't be fair, the article isn't the topic creator's either...


sorry, this was a question @ OP. I should have said that.

And I saw these posts in September 08 or something. People predicting R2 could do this.

No worries, mishaps happen.



                                                                                                             

DirtyP2002 said:


sorry, this was a question @ OP. I should have said that.

And I saw these posts in September 08 or something. People predicting R2 could do this.


THOSE posts from September 08? Oh yeah, I remember THOSE posts. How could I forget THOSE posts? R2 is undoubtedly overhyped because it did not satisfy the hype that THOSE posts generated.