Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bioshock coming to a ps3 near you

sieanr said:
endimion said:
agreed with sql

but UT is going to be an interesting game for both platforms... it's like GTA 4 the name is enough to attract people.... but PS3 can take advantage of system seller factor.... but halo is contender on the other one and they are both targeting the same kind of player.... but so it's confirmed haze and UT3 are not pushed on PS3 ??? sorry I haven't followed those games...

Unreal's fanbase is primarily on the PC, and I really see no reason why that would change. Most console gamers are not as aware of the series, especially the more casual one's who know of GTA.


 The only reason so many console gamers are even aware of the UT series is because of the succes of the UT3 engine lately.  It's going to be funny when people pop in the disc and realize that it's a twitch game, won't be able to play very well at all with a controller, and then be forced to buy the mouse and keyboard attachments.  

Any definitive word on if they're going to allow mods to be downloaded for the PS3 and 360?  Only two things makes the UT series fun: 1) user created content and 2) creating your own content. 



Around the Network

Um, as I understand the PS3 can use standard USB keyboards and mice so most people don't have to buy anything special.



You do not have the right to never be offended.

jhlennon1 said:
king_of_the_castle said:
jhlennon1 said:
king_of_the_castle said:
If this turns out to be a good game, then I hope it does go to PS3, for the same reasons I hope MGS4 comes to 360, people should get to enjoy games regardless of their console choice.

Then you think Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII should go to the 360 as well?

I seriously don't like that idea at all. If you cancel out 3rd party exclusives it changes the entire gaming market and for the worse. All games then don't get the time required to fully utilise the consoles capabilities. Even if the 360 gets MGS4, it will not be the same experience that the PS3 version offers because specific games are bulit using a specific hardware and ports simply don't get the time put into them.


Yes I do

The flip side of that coin, is a bigger fanbase, meaning that the franchise makes more money, meaning a bigger budget for the next game in the series, thus a better game. Plus, not all ports are watered down from the original, most of the time the port looks better, and the second console gets a few extras that make up for having to wait longer for it to come to the system. Also, there is very little difference between the PS3 and 360 performance wise, whatever is done with sixaxis can be done with a slightly different control scheme, if the game doesn't fit on one disk, they can always use more (they did this with the original MGS, and I don't remember hearing people complain). I could see your argument more if we were talking about porting Wii games, since they are based around a controller that isn't available on the 360 or PS3

 

I can see where you are coming from but the argument is m00t. The odds of Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII being ported to the 360 are practically 0%.

I actually had a long argument on this that I ended up deleting because it's a pointless argument. 3rd party exclusivitity will always be there, as Microsoft and Capcom have done with Dead Rising, Lost Planet and Namco with Ace Combat 6 among many more 360 exclusives not coming to the PS3. That is a double edged sword.

As for the 360 fans tooting fanbase, get a clue. The 360 system has been out for over 2yrs and only has just over 10mil sales. That is not great hardware sales, not at all. 


Please don't turn this into a console flame, all I was trying to say is that it's nice when people get to enjoy games regardless of their console choice, and that it would be a good thing if Bioshock, or MGS4, or Dead Rising, or Final Fantasy, or any other 3rd party exclusive eventually went to another console, so that as many people as possible get to enjoy it.



Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

ChichiriMuyo said:
Um, as I understand the PS3 can use standard USB keyboards and mice so most people don't have to buy anything special.

Most people are one of two things: 1) idiots-- they'll buy them anyways because they don't know any better and be angry about it and 2) lazy-- they'll buy them because they don't want to move their keyboards back and forth and be angry about it.

I fit into the lazy catagory.   



twesterm said:
sieanr said:
endimion said:
agreed with sql

but UT is going to be an interesting game for both platforms... it's like GTA 4 the name is enough to attract people.... but PS3 can take advantage of system seller factor.... but halo is contender on the other one and they are both targeting the same kind of player.... but so it's confirmed haze and UT3 are not pushed on PS3 ??? sorry I haven't followed those games...

Unreal's fanbase is primarily on the PC, and I really see no reason why that would change. Most console gamers are not as aware of the series, especially the more casual one's who know of GTA.


 The only reason so many console gamers are even aware of the UT series is because of the succes of the UT3 engine lately.  It's going to be funny when people pop in the disc and realize that it's a twitch game, won't be able to play very well at all with a controller, and then be forced to buy the mouse and keyboard attachments.  

Any definitive word on if they're going to allow mods to be downloaded for the PS3 and 360?  Only two things makes the UT series fun: 1) user created content and 2) creating your own content. 


 There will be user created content but i am not sure how it works.

UT is very unknown i told a friend about and he thought it was a tennis game XD the idiot.

It would be fine playing with a controller when everyone else is playing with a controller and when you get a mix it would show people which is better for FPS's so it will be alot of fun getting used to UT on a controller.

 

This would be good and i agree it would be better not to have the exclusive games thing but we are only pawns in big companys game of chess and we feed their hungry mouths by buying games and consoles.If there werent any exclusives then everything would depend on 1st party support which is pretty good for Sony,Nintendo and MS.It would be great to have this games but i wouldnt really mind if it came or it didnt.



End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network
mitsuhide said:

There will be user created content but i am not sure how it works.

UT is very unknown i told a friend about and he thought it was a tennis game XD the idiot.

It would be fine playing with a controller when everyone else is playing with a controller and when you get a mix it would show people which is better for FPS's so it will be alot of fun getting used to UT on a controller.

 

This would be good and i agree it would be better not to have the exclusive games thing but we are only pawns in big companys game of chess and we feed their hungry mouths by buying games and consoles.If there werent any exclusives then everything would depend on 1st party support which is pretty good for Sony,Nintendo and MS.It would be great to have this games but i wouldnt really mind if it came or it didnt.

 On the subject of creating "user created content" on the console:

 Honestly, I have made levels in the unreal enginge before (obviously not 3, but still), and I can tell you I wouldn't want to try doing it on a console.  The amount you need to access toolbars and menus would make it a freakish nightmare.  I won't say its impossible to be done on a console, but I have a hard time fathoming why they would even bother with it.  Most of the modding community is going to have a high end computer since that is the exact demographic we are talking about here.  

If they do release the editor on the console then it will see very little use unless they manage to produce one of the most ingenius control schemes known to man.  The fact that the PS3 can handle gestures makes it a possibility for them to get the job done, so I won't rule it out completely, but I think any serious editor is going to be using the PC regardless.

But there should be no reason PC modding won't work cross-platform so there will be little difference to most users since they will still be able to download bitchin cool (and enormous) map packs to make the online multiplayer experience that much more varied. 

 

PS - To anyone who has tried making Unreal Maps, the learning curve is steep but the rewards when you get a completed level are worth it imo.  The sheer amount of attention to detail requried to make a level look professional is insane, and it gives you a bit of respect for some of these level designers and editors and exactly what they go through to create these environments.  Plus you get to learn the lingo and probably develope a better understanding of the way the games are built (at least at a high level). 



To Each Man, Responsibility

Their are a lot of schooters this year and ecksbawks and PS3 haves theirs (time exclusives).

PS3: Haze, Unreal 3 COD4
ecksbawks : Bioshock, Halo 3 , COD 4

And I think this is the best way, which schooterfan haves the time to play all this games and the money for it.






Sqrl said:
mitsuhide said:

There will be user created content but i am not sure how it works.

UT is very unknown i told a friend about and he thought it was a tennis game XD the idiot.

It would be fine playing with a controller when everyone else is playing with a controller and when you get a mix it would show people which is better for FPS's so it will be alot of fun getting used to UT on a controller.

 

This would be good and i agree it would be better not to have the exclusive games thing but we are only pawns in big companys game of chess and we feed their hungry mouths by buying games and consoles.If there werent any exclusives then everything would depend on 1st party support which is pretty good for Sony,Nintendo and MS.It would be great to have this games but i wouldnt really mind if it came or it didnt.

On the subject of creating "user created content" on the console:

Honestly, I have made levels in the unreal enginge before (obviously not 3, but still), and I can tell you I wouldn't want to try doing it on a console. The amount you need to access toolbars and menus would make it a freakish nightmare. I won't say its impossible to be done on a console, but I have a hard time fathoming why they would even bother with it. Most of the modding community is going to have a high end computer since that is the exact demographic we are talking about here.

If they do release the editor on the console then it will see very little use unless they manage to produce one of the most ingenius control schemes known to man. The fact that the PS3 can handle gestures makes it a possibility for them to get the job done, so I won't rule it out completely, but I think any serious editor is going to be using the PC regardless.

But there should be no reason PC modding won't work cross-platform so there will be little difference to most users since they will still be able to download bitchin cool (and enormous) map packs to make the online multiplayer experience that much more varied.

 

PS - To anyone who has tried making Unreal Maps, the learning curve is steep but the rewards when you get a completed level are worth it imo. The sheer amount of attention to detail requried to make a level look professional is insane, and it gives you a bit of respect for some of these level designers and editors and exactly what they go through to create these environments. Plus you get to learn the lingo and probably develope a better understanding of the way the games are built (at least at a high level).


 1.  It's not the full version of UE3, in fact it's pretty bare, but if you download Roboblitz you'll get the editor, or at least that was the case a few months ago.  It may not be the full version (I've worked in a near full version ) but at least it's something. 

As for making user created content on the PS3 or 360, it would be silly.  You may have UT3 on there but you won't have Photoshop, Max (or whatever you feel like using for models and textures), and Visual Studio which would make making a mod or any custom content impossible.  I suppose you could make stuff on your PC, put it on a memory stick (assuming those work on the PS3), load it on the PS3, and then load it into Unreal for the art assetts at least, but that would just be silly.

And as for making a level with a controller, I would never want to imagine doing that.  You wouldn't be able to get anywhere near the kind of precision you need and your work would take so much longer that it just wouldn't be worth the effort (keyboard shortcuts are always quicker than the mouse). 



Umm....ok. Shooting games = suck (IMO, 'cept for MP)

JRPGs + Action/Adventure (Zelda)>>>All




Soriku said:
Umm....ok. Shooting games = suck (IMO, 'cept for MP)





                 (     )      (     )

      

X___________________________X