Forums - Sony Discussion - Quantic Dream announce development of An Exclusive PS3 game Heavy Rain????

Wasn't this game announced over a year ago, with a video of in game characters that walked around like soul-less zombies that were amazingly freeky when they talked? The animation was so poor that it made you wish for a time when facial animation wasn't done?

Why, yes it was

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JafIBmdfe20

 



Around the Network

This could be one of the best Adventure games for this generation. The trailer looks good, they only need to do something about her teeth. I hope we'll see some progress soon.



HappySqurriel said:

Wasn't this game announced over a year ago, with a video of in game characters that walked around like soul-less zombies that were amazingly freeky when they talked? The animation was so poor that it made you wish for a time when facial animation wasn't done?

Why, yes it was

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JafIBmdfe20

 


That's a protoype tech demo. Made after only two months since work on the title began. It's running on a non-final Playstation 3 development kit. 

Quantic Dream (the devs) highlighted that: "It's just a sample of the things achievable in a limited amount of time".

And that during the development of the prototype they were still: "Only in the middle of research and development efforts".

Basically stop trying to hate on it, that video is probably as far from the final version of the game as you can get. The devs have also stated that the video, and characters from the prototype, aren't even part of the game.



A thing of beauty, strength, and grace lies behind that whiskered face.

Dallinor said:

That's a protoype tech demo. Made after only two months since work on the title began. It's running on a non-final Playstation 3 development kit. 

Quantic Dream (the devs) highlighted that: "It's just a sample of the things achievable in a limited amount of time".

And that during the development of the prototype they were still: "Only in the middle of research and development efforts".

Basically stop trying to hate on it, that video is probably as far from the final version of the game as you can get. The devs have also stated that the video, and characters from the prototype, aren't even part of the game.


Companies that really (truely) care about quality rarely release anything to the public which does not live up to their high personal standards ...

Do you think Valve, Epic, Bioware, Nintendo, id, Blizzard or any other high level publisher would allow something so crappy to be released? I would set my expectations low and hope to be surprised.



HappySqurriel said:
Dallinor said:

That's a protoype tech demo. Made after only two months since work on the title began. It's running on a non-final Playstation 3 development kit. 

Quantic Dream (the devs) highlighted that: "It's just a sample of the things achievable in a limited amount of time".

And that during the development of the prototype they were still: "Only in the middle of research and development efforts".

Basically stop trying to hate on it, that video is probably as far from the final version of the game as you can get. The devs have also stated that the video, and characters from the prototype, aren't even part of the game.


Companies that really (truely) care about quality rarely release anything to the public which does not live up to their high personal standards ...

Do you think Valve, Epic, Bioware, Nintendo, id, Blizzard or any other high level publisher would allow something so crappy to be released? I would set my expectations low and hope to be surprised.


This game is being entirely funded by Sony. The devs had planned on releasing a video after 4 months of work, but Sony was impressed by their quick progress, and E3 was fast approaching, so they asked them to release it early.

Besides the video isn't as bad as your making it out to be, (I just watched it again) It's home to quite a few next- gen graphical effects. And considering the time restraints, it's excellent.

I have high expectations from this game actually, your negativity is not only pointless, but groundless.  



A thing of beauty, strength, and grace lies behind that whiskered face.

Around the Network

@ HappySqurriel
Take a look at these links.
http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp
http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp

Indigo Propercy aka Fahrenheit ended up 1st place within it's genre last gen on PS2 and Xbox. Quantic Dream will bring us Heavy Rain. What will be your adventure game of choice?

You are claiming that this highly anticipated adventure game will suck.



lol wii owners

Graphics don't matter, online does not matter. Now we can add animation to the list.



I have to agree that this is great news considering the last game they made was very good (Indigo Prophecy aka Fahrenheit). I can't imagine why anyone would try to downplay this news.



Because HappySquirel seems to be an oxymoron of his/her own name. He/she never seems 'happy' to Sam. And I'm pretty sure they're not a squirrel.

^ This is meant light heartedly.



HappySqurriel said:

Wasn't this game announced over a year ago, with a video of in game characters that walked around like soul-less zombies that were amazingly freeky when they talked? The animation was so poor that it made you wish for a time when facial animation wasn't done?

Why, yes it was

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JafIBmdfe20

 


 God. Maybe you should have checked what it was. Also, animations were so poor? really? Maybe cause it was not even being made into a game yet? I dunno...



Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!