By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I got a job

Yes, I got a job. Finally.

I am working as a inspector at a elementary school. Well, to be honest I'm still a trainee, so my salary is quite low, but getting my first job after years as a student, is something that I'll probably remember for the rest of my life.

The kids are driving me crazy by the way.



I have a Youtube channel... A Twitter, and... Yeah.

Around the Network

You’ll adjust to Being around kids. You’ll be out of training in no time. Congrats!



Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Yes, I got a job. Finally.

I am working as a inspector at a elementary school. Well, to be honest I'm still a trainee, so my salary is quite low, but getting my first job after years as a student, is something that I'll probably remember for the rest of my life.

The kids are driving me crazy by the way.

congratulations👍 finishing all those years of schooling only to end up back in elementary school😊 or for us Australians primary school, btw what's an elementary school inspector and what does it entail compared to being a teacher ?

Last edited by mjk45 - on 25 March 2022

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Yes, I got a job. Finally.

I am working as a inspector at a elementary school. Well, to be honest I'm still a trainee, so my salary is quite low, but getting my first job after years as a student, is something that I'll probably remember for the rest of my life.

The kids are driving me crazy by the way.

What's an elementary school inspector and what does it entail compared to being a teacher ?

I work 6 hours per day, and have some tasks, like taking care of the kids at breaks, or when the teacher needs to go out of the class, getting itens from the lockers for the teachers, and notify the principal when a parent come to the school and needs to talk to them.



I have a Youtube channel... A Twitter, and... Yeah.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
mjk45 said:

What's an elementary school inspector and what does it entail compared to being a teacher ?

I work 6 hours per day, and have some tasks, like taking care of the kids at breaks, or when the teacher needs to go out of the class, getting itens from the lockers for the teachers, and notify the principal when a parent come to the school and needs to talk to them.

 Your occupation sounds like what we in Australia call teacher aides , does it have a good career pathway?



Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

I work 6 hours per day, and have some tasks, like taking care of the kids at breaks, or when the teacher needs to go out of the class, getting itens from the lockers for the teachers, and notify the principal when a parent come to the school and needs to talk to them.

 Your occupation sounds like what we in Australia call teacher aides , does it have a good career pathway?

Yes. I am studying Pedagogy, so I intend to become a teacher in the future. This job will help me to understand better how a school work.



I have a Youtube channel... A Twitter, and... Yeah.

Nice!

Aren't they just wonderful though? Before long you will be thinking "Administration is driving me crazy" or other similar things and just adoring the kids.



What are you looking for as an inspector? Mostly looking out to make sure the kids aren't snatched by some creepers?



Good. Good. Nice to see some positive news on the net.



Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 144 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million)

PS5: 105 million Xbox Series S/X: 60 million

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

axumblade said:

You’ll adjust to Being around kids. You’ll be out of training in no time. Congrats!

Or you wind up in a psych ward like I did, then go to law school.

Quite possible things are very different in Australia, but if you plan on going into teaching, talk to the teachers, and think really hard about it.