By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Obi-Wan Kenobi | Teaser Trailer | Disney+

Obi-Wan Kenobi | Teaser Trailer | Disney+ - YouTube



Around the Network

Obi-Wan aged a lot between this and A New Hope, lol.

Seeing Ewan playing the guy again chills my spine, hope this is good.



My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:

Obi-Wan aged a lot between this and A New Hope, lol.

Seeing Ewan playing the guy again chills my spine, hope this is good.

If Luke is about 19yo in New Hope and about 6-7yo in the trailer when Obi-Wan spies on him, it's gonna a rough 12 years for Obi-Wan up ahead.



Signature goes here!

Oh damn. I've all but given up on Star Wars at least in the film realm, but I may have to watch this along with the Mandalorian. I grew up with Star Wars Episode II and III (yeah 2 did pretty much suck but still holds some sentimentality to me), and this feels like something of a continuation of that. With better production/cinematography and deeper narrative.



 

TV Shows Currently Watching:

You can follow me as I rant about sports and Overwatch, as well as post random metal videos, @StephenML8 on Twitter.

TruckOSaurus said:
Metallox said:

Obi-Wan aged a lot between this and A New Hope, lol.

Seeing Ewan playing the guy again chills my spine, hope this is good.

If Luke is about 19yo in New Hope and about 6-7yo in the trailer when Obi-Wan spies on him, it's gonna a rough 12 years for Obi-Wan up ahead.

The Wikipedia article says the series is set ten years after RotS, though I don't know the exact details. 

I'm also looking forward to whatever Hayden Christensen does in this, he'll probably appear in flashbacks or as a spirit, but all in all, I'm glad the guy is still around. 



My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

Now this is pod racing.



It looks decent. I just cannot personally get excited for Star Wars anymore. All 6 Lucas-led films are among my favourite of all time. I was so excited for the sequels, but once they came out... Just felt like a betrayal in many ways IMO.
I enjoyed the first season of Mandalorian though, I refused to watch anymore after they fired Gina Carano. It sucks though because the Mandalorian did renew my excitement for a while; I did think it worked better as its own world within the Star Wars universe, before they kept bring in already established elements from the series.

I remember always getting goosebumps whenever Duel of the Fates started playing, but not even that song got me excited for the show...
Anyways, personal rant over. I am happy for those who are excited for this.



1doesnotsimply

Wonder if they're going to explain how Obi-Wan managed to age 35 years in the course of half that time between Ep3 and 4 :P

Heavy drinking/smoking from his depression of the Jedi order falling? Harsh conditions of Tatooine? Or some combination thereof? 



 

TV Shows Currently Watching:

You can follow me as I rant about sports and Overwatch, as well as post random metal videos, @StephenML8 on Twitter.

DarthMetalliCube said:

Wonder if they're going to explain how Obi-Wan managed to age 35 years in the course of half that time between Ep3 and 4 :P

Heavy drinking/smoking from his depression of the Jedi order falling? Harsh conditions of Tatooine? Or some combination thereof? 

Hard drugs, hookers and weather conditions.

I mean, you don't really believe he spent all those years alone? That lightsaber can't activate itself 😋



I’m excited, looks awesome. You can say what you want about the Disney movies, but they’ve been knocking it out of the park with the series. Also, live-action Inquisitors!