By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Essential accessories for Travel with Nintendo Switch and 3DS

Hello

I'll be traveling soon in the future internationally and was wondering what accessories do you all recommend I take with myself when going overseas.

For an example one of the places I plan to go to is back to India again so total flight time will be close to 18 hours or so.

Previously I have taken a PSP and a DS a decade ago, the last time I went traveled back in 2015/2016 I took my 3DS and PSP - this time I'm planning to take my Switch and my 3DS.


Right now I have the following, most of which I got when I first bought my Switch late 2020.

Travel Bag: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B3YJG8H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Metal Stand: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079M157ZW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Travel Case: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/rds-in...h-the-legend-of-zelda/6329283.p?skuId=6329283

Game Case (3) : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0753BFT7W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1


I'm also taking my Pro Controller with me since I dont want to use Joycons mainly and I got my AirPod pro which I tested for the first time with the Switch (never using wired headsets again lol).


As far as charging is concerned, what accessories should I take alongside the initial brick charger for the Switch? Should I buy a charger specifically for my Pro controller.

What about international adapters, chargers, etc? Other electronics I plan to take with the trip is my iPhone 13 Pro Max, laptop and soon to be a photography camera.



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

Around the Network

Take a buddy with you and play Snipperclips the whole ride. You will laugh at your mistakes with every bump of turbulence. My wife and I had a blast playing that on a long flight to Hawaii back in 2017.



Dulfite said:

Take a buddy with you and play Snipperclips the whole ride. You will laugh at your mistakes with every bump of turbulence. My wife and I had a blast playing that on a long flight to Hawaii back in 2017.

My wife and I will be traveling together. I havent heard of snipperclips but I'll take a look at it.



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

I got myself one of those 3rd party Nintendo USB to HDMI hubs and bring it everywhere when I travel with my Switch as it's tiny, and incase I somehow find myself in a situation where I have access to a TV (ie hotel room) and have other people that want to play too.  Doesn't take up much space at all unlike the official dock and not as fragile. (You may also need to bring an HDMI wire).






Portable charger(s) is the #1 thing. Also a USB charging cable for the 3DS. A cheap mount may be useful https://www.amazon.com/Tryone-Gooseneck-Nintendo-Samsung-Overall/dp/B01AUQ33LG/ref=sr_1_8?crid=ME1VJAFU9NP5&keywords=switch+mount&qid=1645286844&smid=A29V4QFPJPYCZC&sprefix=switch+mount%2Caps%2C177&sr=8-8.



Around the Network
V-r0cK said:

I got myself one of those 3rd party Nintendo USB to HDMI hubs and bring it everywhere when I travel with my Switch as it's tiny, and incase I somehow find myself in a situation where I have access to a TV (ie hotel room) and have other people that want to play too.  Doesn't take up much space at all unlike the official dock and not as fragile. (You may also need to bring an HDMI wire).





That looks useful , but I dont think I'll be having access to a TV when I am in India lol - or at least not with something HDMI.

I'm gonna be at my wife's family home when I'm in India...they did buy a new TV from the money I sent them but I dont think I'll be using it when I am there lol.

Mainly gonna be playing it portable in our room during free time and for the plane ride lol.

When we actually move around while there, I'll be busy taking pictures and recording video - too busy to play anything lol

JWeinCom said:

Portable charger(s) is the #1 thing. Also a USB charging cable for the 3DS. A cheap mount may be useful https://www.amazon.com/Tryone-Gooseneck-Nintendo-Samsung-Overall/dp/B01AUQ33LG/ref=sr_1_8?crid=ME1VJAFU9NP5&keywords=switch+mount&qid=1645286844&smid=A29V4QFPJPYCZC&sprefix=switch+mount%2Caps%2C177&sr=8-8.


Portable charger as a in power bank? On another site I had asked about this and a lot of people are recommending the Anker power bank, gonna be getting that for sure.

Speaking of which, what do you recommend in regards to charging a 3DS and a Switch - I'll be taking their initial charging bricks but in case if I dont have access to a power outlet and only my power bank (which has 3 USB-A ports) - is there any particular type you recommend?

That mount looks crazy lol - I think I'll stick with the Hori stand that I got (been using another one for my iPad and love it).



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

One or two powerbanks



Good wired headphones. I like my Skullcandy cans that I got like a decade ago.



Conina said:

One or two powerbanks


Getting one for sure but isnt there a limit to how many you can carry or the amount of wh in total?

SnesTea said:

Good wired headphones. I like my Skullcandy cans that I got like a decade ago.

I got some Sony wired headphones which I will use a secondary but I'm mainly using my Apple Airpod pros - tested it with the Switch, quite nice.



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

Wireless ear buds, like AirPods, are great with the Switch in portable mode. Just flick your Bluetooth off on your phone whenever you want to use them.



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.