- uses TAAU for Anti Aliasing
- outputs 720p and 1080p, actual resolutions are lower.
- DoF is is a bit more shallow than the Xbone/4 versions
- shadow res has taken a large hit and some shadows have been completely removed
- texture res has been slightly lowered, but does not affect the visuals of the game
- Ambient Occlusion has been adjusted from the Xbone/4 versions, but overall provides a less error prone effect
- Motion Blur has been removed
- draw distance reduced, lower Levels of Detail, pop in happens a lot
- screen composition is retained
- animation rate for distant actors can at times have a reduce animation rate, but at other times run at normal rate
- loading times have improved from the PS4 version
- frame rate target is 30 FPS, Most of the game is spent 30-36 FPS. Night time can cause dips below 30 FPS. No way currently to uncap the frame rate. Devs are considering patching a 30 FPS cap in.
- no surround sound, 2.0 stereo only
John was overall very impressed with this port, he was quite amazed with the great image quality this game was able to achieve and the overall lack of cuts that they have had to make to this game. He finds it to be a fantastic port.
Zombie games are not always my thing, but I think that I may end of getting this once it goes on sale at some point. This looks like it might just be the best Switch port that we have seen yet. Fantastic work from the Devs. I just hope they do patch in the 30FPS cap that they were talking to DF about.