By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - This whole year my Switch and PS4 library have been growing immensely , I wonder what Microsoft can do to attract Japanese AA and japanese Indie devs ?

I wonder why gamepass and also the xbox store there's a flood of western games , and barely any japanese games unless it's AAA japanese , and no nemco low budget jrpg is not enough ? what does Phil Spencer have to do to get more japanese devs in xbox ? I get like 50/50 of american or japanese games on eshop while xbox gets 90 % american games including western indie games and 10 % japanese games it feels barren and unwelcoming for otaku gamer like myself I have to dig deep to find a japanese game that is actually good, on the xbox store. Where Phil spencer trip to japan a failure? or was he targeting AAA japanese games because I don't see AA japanese games nor A japanese games barely enough japanese indie games neither , also Cotton reboot is not on xbox would of been nice if cotton reboot was on gamepass , make gamepass have 700 games 400 western EA+ Microsoft own games (The xbox crowd ) and 300 japanese games for gamers like me?

make it 60/40 not 90/10 which is why I quit gamepass. 

Too western'y

Talking new japanese game releases not old releases from xbox 360 era. where's The world ends with you? where's japanese indie's tidbits like smashing the battle, elemental Knight etc? 

Last edited by dx11332sega - on 06 October 2021

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network

Xbox used to be abit lacking not just in jrpgs but rpgs in general.
That is going to be fixed though, after they bought bethesda. RPGs will come.

That said..... Im not sure how much they care for anime style characters.

dx11332sega said:

.....make gamepass have 700 games 400 western EA+ Microsoft own games (The xbox crowd ) and 300 japanese games for gamers like me?


That is not going to ever happend.
Doubt most gamepass users would want that too.
Most complaints I see/hear, is there too few AAA high meta score games there.
If they add more smaller budget japanese style games, likely all you would hear is people complain about it.



JRPGfan said:

Xbox used to be abit lacking not just in jrpgs but rpgs in general.
That is going to be fixed though, after they bought bethesda. RPGs will come.

That said..... Im not sure how much they care for anime style characters.

dx11332sega said:

.....make gamepass have 700 games 400 western EA+ Microsoft own games (The xbox crowd ) and 300 japanese games for gamers like me?


That is not going to ever happend.
Doubt most gamepass users would want that too.
Most complaints I see/hear, is there too few AAA high meta score games there.
If they add more smaller budget japanese style games, likely all you would hear is people complain about it.

Maybe have a second package? the anime fans gamepass package? I think netflix has anime section , I know I've seen them put alot of anime in netflix? if xbox wants to be netflix of gaming they gotta add the anime, or make a package for those type of gamers and that package added games like the new game the world ends with you NEO, Dangonranpa , Melty Blood.etc.



Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

"Build your own gamepass" sounds like the go...

That way you can add "genres" like Western-RPG, FPS, Strategy, JRPG, MMO and so forth... Think of the bucks.

Need publishers onboard to make it happen...

Although, absolutely not for me. I like physical game collecting unless it's PC... As then I can bring my game library forwards.



--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Japanese AA with high metacritic 

The house in fata has a 97 metacritic score.

Etc switch has alot of great japanese games AA , A and indie.

Put these in japanese gamepass package, I'd pay it.

Really wanna try.



Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network
Pemalite said:

"Build your own gamepass" sounds like the go...

That way you can add "genres" like Western-RPG, FPS, Strategy, JRPG, MMO and so forth... Think of the bucks.

Need publishers onboard to make it happen...

Although, absolutely not for me. I like physical game collecting unless it's PC... As then I can bring my game library forwards.

I like Physical too, I also like the Build your own Gamepass.



Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Pemalite said:

"Build your own gamepass" sounds like the go...

That way you can add "genres" like Western-RPG, FPS, Strategy, JRPG, MMO and so forth... Think of the bucks.

Need publishers onboard to make it happen...

Although, absolutely not for me. I like physical game collecting unless it's PC... As then I can bring my game library forwards.

It's not there yet, but Amazon tries to make Luna work as a subscription service with multiple game channels to choose from. Each channel has its own monthly fee so you can pick whichever you want. For now though the selection is very limited (only the base Luna sub and Ubisoft's iirc, and I don't even know if they'll categorise the channels based on their genres in the future).

So currently, the best way to make our own personalised Game Pass is to buy the games we want.



In TGS Phil said that Microsoft is working with multiple independent Japanese devs through their ID@Xbox program. Sometimes, games supported on this program also come out on Game Pass (and recently, they release day one on Game Pass), so we may see a lot of Japanese games in the future.



My friend discord is obsessed with Genshin Impact

He's a super princess connect player too, This game is exclusive to IOS but want's it on Switch he's the biggest princess connect fanboy ever. on Iphone



Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Vendrom said:

In TGS Phil said that Microsoft is working with multiple independent Japanese devs through their ID@Xbox program. Sometimes, games supported on this program also come out on Game Pass (and recently, they release day one on Game Pass), so we may see a lot of Japanese games in the future.

Hope so :) , and they should increase the gamepass game count from what they have rn I think 700 ? to 1000 . to have everybody on gamepass (no really actually everyone).



Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.