Not software. I'm talking hardware. Switch is going to sell 1 billion units. And why are they going to? Multiple reasons:
1) India is going to become tech obsessed as they leave 2nd-world status and truly move into 1st-world status. They hate China and will try to counter them as much as possible in whatever areas China is aimed at, and one area China has spent a lot of money on (through companies it more or less controls) is dominating the gaming industry through Tencent and the like. India will want to do the same thing, which will make it's 1-2 billion people more aware of the gaming industry and they will see Japan as a regional ally against China so will be interested in either Sony or Nintendo, but will find Nintendo's price point more attractive. Hundreds of millions of Switch's sold by 2037 from this country alone.
2) China will end. I mean literally. It will fraction off into 7 sub-nations and all of them will want to compete with each other. At least 3-4 of them will buddy up with India, South Korea, and Japan and embrace the Switch in much the same way India will. The others will probably not go into that market whatsoever.
3) Brazil will literally (I mean literally, literally) conquer all of South America and, in doing so, usher in a golden economic era for the continent. Unified behind a capitalist mindset, with the socialists gone, the video game market will explode there. Nintendo will make an agreement to make a second headquarers in the province of Paraguay, therefore solidifying an exclusive continent deal where Xbox and PlayStation are banned and only Switch's can be sold.
4) The Russian game market will change forever when, on January 2025, Putin will celebrate a certain person's return to power by riding shirtless on a horse. The catch, this time, is that he named the horse Epona and the grasslands he doth rideth in look very similar to Hyrule Fields. This will make pretty much all Russians Switch obsessed.
5) A bunch of scientists will discover that by combining the power efficiency of millions of Switch's, they can achieve power greater than fusion and fission combined. They will then begin to build a dyson sphere around our sun in the shape of a Switch out of both appreciation for the Switch as well as discovering the shape is better than a sphere for efficiency purposes. Sadly, this will only count as 1 Switch sale.
6) In 2028, Nintendo will release Nintendogs and Cats for Switch and it will lead to 100 million new console sales alone, all based on the LITE model.
7) In October 2032, Nintendo will release an actual AAA budget Pokemon game, with an open world 17 times larger than Skyrim. People will be so excited that they destroy a bunch of objects in their homes, including their Switch's. This will lead to an additional 50 million sales of Switch's from accidentally destroyed Switch's alone (not including the ones from new owners).
8) A programmer will create an incredibly popular language, something that is the ace of all trades in the world of coding, and design it so it can only work on Switch. Anyone wanting the benefits all the benefits of the best languages, their frameworks, dependency/sql integration without any of the drawbacks will have to buy a Switch. Mega tech companies will issue Switch's instead of laptops/macbooks to their developers because of how amazing this language will be. The language, by the way, will be called ;m;fna.n m,faf, ./ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
*Edited by someone else.Last edited by Dulfite - on 12 September 2021