By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch owners: how many of you would be buying an upgraded NS?

 

Would you buy a

Yes, even though my Switch still works fine 40 45.98%
 
Yes, I'm someone who woul... 8 9.20%
 
Yes, because my machine i... 2 2.30%
 
No, I'll stick with the OG version 15 17.24%
 
No, I have no interest in... 1 1.15%
 
Maybe, I'll have to know ... 21 24.14%
 
Total:87

I have not found a thread about this around here, so I would like to know: if you are a Switch owner, would you buy an upgraded version of your current hybrid machine? If so, are you interested in simply having better tech or you want to replace your device for some other reason? And, in this case, what would that reason be? I'm interested in knowing how many of you are willing to make the jump, or even looking forward to it.

Also, to extend the discussion a bit: for the ones who do not own a Switch yet (?!), would you buy an improved version of it if there were one?

Edit 1: added a "maybe" option to the poll, that did not exist two hours ago, when the questions were published. As of now, we have 16 votes for "yes" in the two first forms of the question, and 7 for "no" from the Switch owners.

Last edited by farlaff - on 22 June 2021

General gamer, fanboy hater

Around the Network

Me cause my sister keeps stealing my switch



             

                               Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

Captain_Yuri said:

Me cause my sister keeps stealing my switch

Lol, cool. There is an option that seems tailor made for your situation in the poll.



General gamer, fanboy hater

I certainly am because I have a 65in 4K Samsung QLED TV, and even though I buy Nintendo first party games only, most games look very dated with either low resolution, framerate, or graphics fidelity. So, I stick to my gaming PC most the time and stick to playing my Switch in handheld mode. With an upgraded Switch Pro that can offer 4K resolution and higher graphical fidelity though, I'm ALL IN and would play nonstop on my TV! Framerate, as long as something like Breath of the Wild 2 is at a solid 30fps with no framerate drops, I'm fine with that.



I think there should be an option for undecided. Some of us like to know exactly what we'd be getting before plopping down hundreds of hard-earned dollars.



Around the Network
burninmylight said:

I think there should be an option for undecided. Some of us like to know exactly what we'd be getting before plopping down hundreds of hard-earned dollars.

Yeah, same here.

As the idea stands I say no. Just don't like the idea of mid-gen upgrades, would rather wait to upgrade only with the next console (provided it has backwards compatibility). However, there will certainly be a side of me that'll be interested. If there's a significant improvement in resolution and performance for a lot of games, it's hard to deny it really, gaming on the Switch can be painful sometimes.



I'd need to see what they can do with it.
I have no problem with playing mine on the CX. I also can't name many first party Nintendo games that would need much of an improvement.
It would be for the third party games that aren't on the Playstation.

If they can prove that Mario kart looks that much better -maybe. But just for Shin Megami or Disgaea? Probably not.



  • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Bandorr said:

I'd need to see what they can do with it.
I have no problem with playing mine on the CX. I also can't name many first party Nintendo games that would need much of an improvement.
It would be for the third party games that aren't on the Playstation.

If they can prove that Mario kart looks that much better -maybe. But just for Shin Megami or Disgaea? Probably not.

Actually I can think of more than a few first-party games that need improving.

Astral Chain in my opinion is the Switch's best-looking exclusive but it's really held back by the 30fps cap and crap resolution. Pushing for either 60fps or 1080p (or both?) would make it absolutely stunning.

Mario Kart 8 already looks fantastic and it's hard to imagine much more for it, but getting thrown back into the world of 30fps for 3/4-player splitscreen is pretty sad, just fixing that alone would make it a lot more fun.

I could go on but I won't. Think those would be big improvements, but there are certainly other games that could use some. BotW still dips to 20fps sometimes and at 900p, Mario Odyssey has bad draw distance, and some games are capped at 30fps when there doesn't seem like there's anything really going on (Animal Crossing comes to mind).

Won't get into third-party games because that's a whole other story, you could make an argument for dozens or hundreds of games needing an improvement here.



mZuzek said:
Bandorr said:

I'd need to see what they can do with it.
I have no problem with playing mine on the CX. I also can't name many first party Nintendo games that would need much of an improvement.
It would be for the third party games that aren't on the Playstation.

If they can prove that Mario kart looks that much better -maybe. But just for Shin Megami or Disgaea? Probably not.

Actually I can think of more than a few first-party games that need improving.

Astral Chain in my opinion is the Switch's best-looking exclusive but it's really held back by the 30fps cap and crap resolution. Pushing for either 60fps or 1080p (or both?) would make it absolutely stunning.

Mario Kart 8 already looks fantastic and it's hard to imagine much more for it, but getting thrown back into the world of 30fps for 3/4-player splitscreen is pretty sad, just fixing that alone would make it a lot more fun.

I could go on but I won't. Think those would be big improvements, but there are certainly other games that could use some. BotW still dips to 20fps sometimes and at 900p, Mario Odyssey has bad draw distance, and some games are capped at 30fps when there doesn't seem like there's anything really going on (Animal Crossing comes to mind).

Won't get into third-party games because that's a whole other story, you could make an argument for dozens or hundreds of games needing an improvement here.

Astral chain is partnered with Platinum. So I call that third party? Or Second? What ever the "not just Nintendo" is.

I hear that The hyrule warriors Musou has some problems at like 20 fps etc.  But yeah there are some problems.

So show me those games, show me those improvements and yeah I could be in.

But I have to be shown those or told about them. Like do a before and after can I can be sold pretty easily.



  • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
burninmylight said:

I think there should be an option for undecided. Some of us like to know exactly what we'd be getting before plopping down hundreds of hard-earned dollars.

Inserted a "maybe" option as per your request. :)



General gamer, fanboy hater