By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Help me Curate a List of Games my Wife Will Love

Hello All,

I come to you today seeking assistance in finding games that my wife will love. She's not a huge gamer but when she does find a game she likes, she will play a lot. Her favorite games are the Tomb Raider Series (the newer ones 1 - 3) and she just started playing Horizon Zero Dawn and says it is her second favorite game ever (behind the Tomb Raider Games). To aid in finding the right games, below is information that will help narrow down some good candidates.

Systems We Can Play On:

- Xbox Series X - We Have Gamepass Ultimate.

- PC (RTX 2070 Super / 32GB Ram / AMD Ryzen 3900) - Hooked up to our 4k TV

We don't have money to buy a PS5 so that is out for the time being.

Must Have Features:

- She loves story driven games, especially with female protagonists.

- Games have to be easy as she does not like difficult games and does not like overly difficult puzzles. Each Tomb Raider she played on Easy mode and still had me complete multiple sections that were too difficult for her.

- The game has to be controller compatible. No keyboard and mouse for her.

Nice to Have Features:

- Visual Fidelity is a big plus. Playing Horizon Zero Dawn in 4k on the PC is something that is hugely impressing her.

- Value for money is always nice (i.e., games that take longer to beat for the same price as say, Man of Meridian).

Games She Has Played:

- Man of Meridian (first game - Gamepass) - Loved the game but we can't justify paying the money on subsequent Man of Meridian games as they are so short.

- Tomb Raiders 1 - 3 (new ones) - Her favorite games of all time. 

- Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition - Her second favorite game, she just started this yesterday and is loving it.

- Life is Strange Series - Loves these games and is eagerly awaiting the new game coming out later this year. 

Telltale the Walking Dead Series (Gamepass) - She really likes these games and has beaten the first two and is on a New Frontier currently.

Tell Me Why - Another game that she loved.

GTA V - She likes the game but has a hard time getting back into it.

Games She Has Played Just a Little:

TellTale Game of Thrones - Didn't really get into this game but might pick it back up in the future again.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - The game was too complicated, which she didn't like.

Hellblade: Sensua's Sacrifice - She kind of liked the game but thought the directions in the game were not clear enough and just couldn't get into it.

So there we have it, any assistance tracking down great games for her would be greatly appreciated. I'm fairly in-tune to Xbox Games but don't have a lot of exposure to PC games and what's out there yet.

Thanks Everyone!



Around the Network

If she doesn't mind a game being scary, I'd recommend The Medium. It is available on Game Pass and is story-driven with some minor puzzles that at least to me were really easy to figure out. It also has a female protagonist.



VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

She likes Horizon and Tomb Rider, so maybe the key is to find action adventure games with powerful female leads

I advice The Last of Us 2, but you have no PS4

Maybe she would enjoy Resident Evil 2 remake




A Plague Tale: Innocence is in gamepass, interesting game with good story and great visuals.
Quantum Break : Good story and visuals. (Gamepass)
Nier Automatas : Solid grafics and easy gameplay. Crazy story with multiple walktroughs to discover the full game.(Gamepass)
A Way Out : Good story, decent grafics. The game is 2 players local and online (Gamepass)
Control: Third person shoter with metroidvania skills. Very good grafics and story (Gamepass)



My wife loves Siberia I and II, we started III but never got around to finishing it. (Rip Benoît Sokal)

Other than that, she loves Ratchet and Clank (but no ps4/ps5), BotW and Lego City Undercover were huge favorites as well.

More good ones on Steam, Dreamfall Chapters, Broken Age and Mirror's edge (don't know if it has an easy mode)



Around the Network

If she likes Tomb Raider then Uncharted 4 (when it eventually releases on Steam) seems like a decent choice.

While a fair bit different (though still having the action part in common) the Borderlands games could be an option too. They'd have the added benefit that you could play in co-op as well if you wanted.



Mirror's Edge is a possible one as Svenno mentioned, both are on Gamepass. Only thing holding those back might be the difficulty



Mass Effect Legendary Sheppard female



A bit different, but I would recommend Transistor and Night in the Woods. Both are smaller indie games, but they have a heavy focus on narrative and I think both are probably fairly accessible to newer or less experienced gamers. 



trunkswd said:

If she doesn't mind a game being scary, I'd recommend The Medium. It is available on Game Pass and is story-driven with some minor puzzles that at least to me were really easy to figure out. It also has a female protagonist.

I actually forgot to add that one to the list of games she has played. She really likes it (loves horror movies/games) but stopped playing because she kept getting lost and not knowing where to go. 

IcaroRibeiro said:

She likes Horizon and Tomb Rider, so maybe the key is to find action adventure games with powerful female leads

I advice The Last of Us 2, but you have no PS4

Maybe she would enjoy Resident Evil 2 remake

We both would love to play The Last of Us 2. Maybe sometime later this year we'll have some extra cash to get a PS5 (if there's even stock at that time lol). She also loves horror games but often times says they are too difficult and just wants me to play them so she can watch haha.

Loneken said:

A Plague Tale: Innocence is in gamepass, interesting game with good story and great visuals.
Quantum Break : Good story and visuals. (Gamepass)
Nier Automatas : Solid grafics and easy gameplay. Crazy story with multiple walktroughs to discover the full game.(Gamepass)
A Way Out : Good story, decent grafics. The game is 2 players local and online (Gamepass)
Control: Third person shoter with metroidvania skills. Very good grafics and story (Gamepass)

Great List, I will add those to the list of potential games she may like. Not sure about Nier Automata though, does that one have an easy mode?

SvennoJ said:

My wife loves Siberia I and II, we started III but never got around to finishing it. (Rip Benoît Sokal)

Other than that, she loves Ratchet and Clank (but no ps4/ps5), BotW and Lego City Undercover were huge favorites as well.

More good ones on Steam, Dreamfall Chapters, Broken Age and Mirror's edge (don't know if it has an easy mode)

Thanks, I forgot about Dreamfall Chapters being an option. I feel like a noob for asking but what does BotW stand for?

Ka-pi96 said:

If she likes Tomb Raider then Uncharted 4 (when it eventually releases on Steam) seems like a decent choice.

While a fair bit different (though still having the action part in common) the Borderlands games could be an option too. They'd have the added benefit that you could play in co-op as well if you wanted.

Ah yes, I know she would enjoy the new Uncharted Games! When is that supposed to come to Steam? Are there other Uncharted games that may make their way over?

Regarding Borderlands, we did try it but she just wasn't into it. She's not a fan of those looter shooters.