By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Possibly Buying Sega and Konami

It looks like Sega and Konami are the next on the list of companies acquired by Microsoft.

Two major Japanese game developers stuck on a console that Japan doesn't even care about, yeah, that'll work out swimmingly. -_-



Around the Network

Japan is dominated for Nintendo. Sega has PC games too and Konami has not done anything important with any of their IP.
Sega colud work really well with Microsoft and Gamepass.
Konami ip's should be bought by Nintendo. (Metalgear and Silent Hill been the exception)

Sorry for my bad english.



Astral (the source) isn't an insider and is a bit of a fanboy, I'm 99.9% sure this rumour is nonsense

Besides I seriously doubt Xbox would want Konami since they've gutted most of their development studios, Xbox needs both IP and the studios to make them.

Also it's not something you can really hide with a public company, once Microsoft makes an offer it will be public knowledge as per the law so I tend to ignore anyone who says that have insider knowledge of a public company being acquired unless it's something that is going to happen within days.



Seems incredibly unlikely, but would be great if true. I'd love to see Sega owned by Microsoft.



CaptainExplosion said:

It looks like Sega and Konami are the next on the list of companies acquired by Microsoft.

Two major Japanese game developers stuck on a console that Japan doesn't even care about, yeah, that'll work out swimmingly. -_-

Really poor source for gaming news. Notebookcheck post literally any gaming rumour with little regard to its validity.



Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

Seems incredibly unlikely, but would be great if true. I'd love to see Sega owned by Microsoft.

I would not, especially after what happened when Rare was acquired by Microsoft, and Sega characters would probably be axed from Super Smash Bros. as a result of Sega being owned by Microsoft.



Even Sony struggles to have headway in Japan nowadays compared to Nintendo. Even if Xbox bought either Konami or Sega, it would hardly make a dent in that market for Xbox. A bigger dent than now lol but still a dent.



Maybe the humor's too dry for my taste, but I don't really get the going thru the motions of discussing baseless rumor thing.
I mean, even the source article itself doesn't even attempt to present a credible specific claim, it's just going thru the motions.



CaptainExplosion said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Seems incredibly unlikely, but would be great if true. I'd love to see Sega owned by Microsoft.

I would not, especially after what happened when Rare was acquired by Microsoft, and Sega characters would probably be axed from Super Smash Bros. as a result of Sega being owned by Microsoft.

Smash has Banjo and Minecraft Steve, so I doubt such an acquisition would change anything in this regard.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I'm sure more acquisitions are coming, but definitely not right now. I don't see Sega selling to MS though. Nintendo...or maybe Sony would be one I would see buying them. If not Tencent.



PSN ID- Rafie27

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron