By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Cyperpunk 2077 - Over Two Million Refunds

 

Reaction?

I am surprised it isn't more. 23 51.11%
 
I'm surprised it is this much! 12 26.67%
 
About what I expected. 10 22.22%
 
Total:45

Links are all over the place confirming this. That is a lot of refunds! Will/have sales numbers be/already been adjusted on this website or will we wait until CDP announces official sales figures (post returns)?

According to a community poll, approximately two million copies of Cyberpunk 2077 have been refunded - DSOGaming

Cyberpunk 2077 digital sales over 10 million despite refunds | Metro News

According to a community poll, approximately two million copies of Cyberpunk 2077 have been refunded - DSOGaming

How many do you predict will be returned when it's all said and done?

Last edited by Dulfite - on 06 February 2021

Around the Network

Pretty sure the last numbers we got were already excluding refunds so I doubt there need to be any adjustments.



I predict over 5 million returns.



Barozi said:

Pretty sure the last numbers we got were already excluding refunds so I doubt there need to be any adjustments.

Oh, interesting! Thanks for sharing.



I don't think the number of refunds will increase dramatically because obviously the majority of refunds will come from early buyers. Now, everyone knows that the game is buggy, so this knowledge will just result in less sales overall. So, I think the total number of refunds will be somewhere between 2m and 3m



 

Around the Network
derpysquirtle64 said:

I don't think the number of refunds will increase dramatically because obviously the majority of refunds will come from early buyers. Now, everyone knows that the game is buggy, so this knowledge will just result in less sales overall. So, I think the total number of refunds will be somewhere between 2m and 3m

That is a sensible argument.



Barozi said:

Pretty sure the last numbers we got were already excluding refunds so I doubt there need to be any adjustments.

Yep, that's what they said
https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/22/22195728/cyberpunk-2077-sales-copies-sold-launch-refunds

Cyberpunk 2077 has sold more than 13 million copies, it accounts for some digital and physical refunds resulting from the game’s messy launch. That metric is counting sales between the game’s release on December 10th through December 20th.

Thanks to 13 million spineless gamers, nothing will change. 780 million revenue, that's a good scam.



SvennoJ said:
Barozi said:

Pretty sure the last numbers we got were already excluding refunds so I doubt there need to be any adjustments.

Yep, that's what they said
https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/22/22195728/cyberpunk-2077-sales-copies-sold-launch-refunds

Cyberpunk 2077 has sold more than 13 million copies, it accounts for some digital and physical refunds resulting from the game’s messy launch. That metric is counting sales between the game’s release on December 10th through December 20th.

Thanks to 13 million spineless gamers, nothing will change. 780 million revenue, that's a good scam.

So I'm "spineless" for not refunding a game that works fine for me?

Last edited by Ka-pi96 - on 06 February 2021

More than two million refunds... If we take 60$ as a general price, that's around 120 million dollars they've had to refund. That's got to hurt.



You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:

More than two million refunds... If we take 60$ as a general price, that's around 120 million dollars they've had to refund. That's got to hurt.

The game being delisted on PS Store for a few months gonna hurt even more than those 120 million they've had to refund