By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LEGO Metroid Could Be A Real Thing

LEGO Ideas member L-DI-EGO has presented concept for a LEGO Metroid set, but this concept could become real with fan support.

If this set gets 10K supporters, then it'll be up for consideration to be officially reviewed by the LEGO team. Right now it's sitting at 9458 supporters!!

This LEGO set needs to happen!! I'm already voting for it!!



Around the Network

It looks sick, most of the designs there are so great :D

Now sadly, I don't see Nintendo supporting a venture initially started by a fan ...



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

It looks sick, most of the designs there are so great :D

Now sadly, I don't see Nintendo supporting a venture initially started by a fan ...

True, but remember how fan support of King K. Rool eventually got him into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?



I think that this is an amazing creation. Really cool.

I don't see why Nintendo would have an issue with supporting it if the proposal came from Lego and the ideas and designs were well-polished especially since we have seen Nintendo and Lego partner many times before. I just doubt that Lego would pursue something like this when Metroid is already a very niche franchise. When you intersect the number of Lego enthusiasts with the number of Metroid enthusiasts I am sure that you end up with a very small number of people who would actually buy this set. That's why you see Lego release things like the NES console or a Super Mario set because there are a 100 million consumers out there who know and love that Nintendo IP. For Metroid, on the other hand, that number might be say 5 million. As awesome as this is, I think that we will just have to accept that this is going to stay as a really cool fan creation.



Thought there was some rumor about a Lego Metroid game.

Yeah, this is a lot better than what I was expecting.



Around the Network

So glad this is not a proposal for a Lego Metroid game that would just ruin the entire concept and point of Metroid much like Fed Force ruined the point. Alone. Isolated. Sense of dread.

Last edited by Leynos - on 21 January 2021

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

So glad this is not a proposal for a Lego Metroid game that would just ruin the entire concept and point of Metroid much like Fed Force ruined the point. Alone. Isolated. Sense of dread.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo has learned by now not to fuck Metroid up like that again.

Also, IT JUST REACHED 100,000 SUPPORTERS!!!!! :D



I'm still surprised they took so long to make Lego sets out of Nintendo characters. After the Mario one, I was expecting many other sets following suit, but that wasn't the case. At least a Zelda one would've made sense.



You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:

I'm still surprised they took so long to make Lego sets out of Nintendo characters. After the Mario one, I was expecting many other sets following suit, but that wasn't the case. At least a Zelda one would've made sense.

If Nintendo and the LEGO team are smart, they'll approve the LEGO Metroid set.