By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Characters 80s Songs

Since the 80s were over 40 years ago, and Nintendo's first major characters were introduced 40 years ago as of next year, I thought I'd share what 80s songs best fit Super Smash Bros. characters.

Mario: Walking on Sunshine by Katrina & The Waves

Luigi: Ghostbusters by Ray Parker Jr.

Peach: Open Your Heart by Madonna

Daisy: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper

Rosalina & Luna: There's A Star For Everyone by Aretha Franklin

Yoshi: Walk The Dinosaur by Was (Not Was)

Dr. Mario: Dr. Feel Good by Motley Crue

Wario: Fat by Weird Al Yankovic

Bowser: Bad To The Bone by George Thorogood and The Destroyers

Bowser Jr.: Nasty by Janet Jackson

I'll add more for other Smash characters soon, but feel free to say what 80s songs best fit Smash Bros. characters.



Around the Network

Strange but interesting topic. Unfortunately I'm not all that familiar with 80s music.



Great songs, waiting for the other characters selections.



Hi @CaptainExplosion Great fun idea, here are some that come to mind, sorry if I repeat some of yours:

Peach: Holding out for a Hero-Bonnie Tyler

Little Mac: Eye of the Tiger-Survivor

Rosalina: Uptown Girl- Billy Joel

I'll keep thinking of more. This is fun.



Here are some I thought of

Donkey Kong: Tarzan Boy by Baltimora
Shulk: Take On Me by A-ha
Pac-Man: Pac-Man Fever by Buckner & Garcia
Hero: Holding Out for a Hero by Bonnie Tyler



Lifetime Sales Predictions 

PS4: 130 mil (was 100 million) Xbox One: 55 mil (was 50 mil) Switch: 110 million (was 73, then 96 million)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

Wolf- Hungry Like Da Wolf (Duran Duran)
Jigglypuff- Sweet Dreams (Eurythmics)
Sonic- You Spin Me Right Round (Dead or Alive)
Mario- Jump (Van Halen)
Captain Falcon- Sharp Dressed Man (ZZ Top)
Ice Climbers- It Takes Two (Rob Base & D.J. E-Z Rock)
Zelda- Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic (Zelda)
Bayonetta- Superfreak (Rick James)



Sonic - Beat It (Michael Jackson)
Bayonetta - Kiss (Prince)
Joker - Janie's Got A Gun (Aerosmith)
Isabelle - Sweet Child O' Mine (Guns N Roses)
Duck Hunt - Africa (Toto)
Cloud - Livin' On A Prayer (Bon Jovi)



Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

dmillos said:

Hi @CaptainExplosion Great fun idea, here are some that come to mind, sorry if I repeat some of yours:

Peach: Holding out for a Hero-Bonnie Tyler

Little Mac: Eye of the Tiger-Survivor

Rosalina: Uptown Girl- Billy Joel

I'll keep thinking of more. This is fun.

I agree wholeheartedly with your choice for Little Mac. ^^

Wman1996 said:

Here are some I thought of

Donkey Kong: Tarzan Boy by Baltimora
Shulk: Take On Me by A-ha
Pac-Man: Pac-Man Fever by Buckner & Garcia
Hero: Holding Out for a Hero by Bonnie Tyler

I'd have picked Africa by Toto for Donkey Kong.

I never thought of Take On Me for Shulk. Good choice. :)

JWeinCom said:

Wolf- Hungry Like Da Wolf (Duran Duran)
Jigglypuff- Sweet Dreams (Eurythmics)
Sonic- You Spin Me Right Round (Dead or Alive)
Mario- Jump (Van Halen)
Captain Falcon- Sharp Dressed Man (ZZ Top)
Ice Climbers- It Takes Two (Rob Base & D.J. E-Z Rock)
Zelda- Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic (Zelda)
Bayonetta- Superfreak (Rick James)

I agree on Zelda, Wolf, and Sonic, not so much on Captain Falcon. For Falcon I'd go with I Can't Drive 55 by Sammy Hagar.

PAOerfulone said:

Sonic - Beat It (Michael Jackson)
Bayonetta - Kiss (Prince)
Joker - Janie's Got A Gun (Aerosmith)
Isabelle - Sweet Child O' Mine (Guns N Roses)
Duck Hunt - Africa (Toto)
Cloud - Livin' On A Prayer (Bon Jovi)

For Joker I'd go with Partyman by Prince. Yes, I went there.

Why Africa by Toto for Duck Hunt? I don't recall it being a song about hunting.

For Diddy Kong, Tarzan Boy by Baltimora.

For King K. Rool, Hunger by Specter General.

For Kirby, also from Transformers The Movie, The Touch by Stan Bush.

For Meta Knight, A Shot in The Dark by Ozzy Osborne.

For King Dedede, I can't think of anything better than King For a Day by The Thompson Twins.

Last edited by CaptainExplosion - 5 days ago

Ok, here are more I came up with.

For Link, Glory of Love by Peter Cetera.

For Young Link, Dare by Stan Bush

For Toon Link, Come Sail Away by Styx

For Zelda, Every Little Thing She Does is Magic by The Police

For Sheik, For Your Eyes Only by Sheena Easton

For Ganondorf, Evil Walks by AC/DC

For Samus, The Warrior by Scandal

For Zero-Suit Samus, Love is A Battlefield by Pat Benatar

For Dark Samus, Lady Evil by Black Sabbath

For Ridley, Instruments of Destruction by N.R.G.



Waluigi - Never Gonna Give You Up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ