By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Where do you place The Mandalorian in your Star Wars ranking?

I have seen many people on Twitter saying that The Mandalorian is the best SW content they've ever watched and I got curious. What is your ranking for the current Star Wars canon?

Mine would be something like this:

1 - The Clone wars
2 - Original Trilogy
3 - Prequel Trilogy
4 - Fallen Order
5 - The Mandalorian
7 - Rebels
8 - Rogue One
9 - Sequel Trilogy

I do like The Mandalorian but the lack of Siths or any other force-based villains is what brings it down a couple of spots in my book. The magic of the force is what has always pulled me to Star Wars. I can watch people shooting at each other in any other franchise.



Around the Network

1.- Empire Strikes Back
2.- A New Hope
3.-RogueOne
4.-Mandalorian
5.- Return of the Jedi
6.- Clone Wars (tv series)
7.- Revenge of the sith
8.- Force Awakens
9.- Phantom Menace
10.- Last Jedi
11.-  Attack of the Clones
12.- Solo
13.- Rise of Skywalker
14.- Clone Wars (2008 film)

Havent seen Rebels. 

I rank it pretty high, its got everything I like of the Star Wars universe, it feels self contained, expands on the universe, its got very good production values for whats essentially a tv series. It is both interesting and original and I absolutely love the pacing, goes from less to more and more in a very rewarding way for the audience.

Maybe I'll elaborate more later, as for now thats all I got. 



As far as canon movies, shows, and games go:

  1. Return of the Jedi
  2. Revenge of the Sith
  3. Empire Strikes Back
  4. The Mandalorian
  5. Clone Wars show
  6. Rogue One
  7. Jedi Fallen Order
  8. The Phantom Menace
  9. Rebels
  10. Attack of the Clones
  11. Solo
  12. Battlefront 2 campaign
  13. Squadrons campaign
  14. A New Hope
  15. The Force Awakens
  16. The Rise of Skywalker
  17. Clone Wars movie

Somewhere below listening to the Barney song on repeat: The Last Jedi

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 20 December 2020

I dont know how I would rank it but after a lot of insistence from my brother I finallybwatched one episode, I believe it is from the new season, with a kind or kurosawa theme and with a beloved female jadi being part of the story and let me tell you, it is amazing and now I want to watch all episodes.



shikamaru317 said:

As far as canon movies, shows, and games go:

  1. Return of the Jedi
  2. Revenge of the Sith
  3. Empire Strikes Back
  4. The Mandalorian
  5. Clone Wars show
  6. Rogue One
  7. Jedi Fallen Order
  8. The Phantom Menace
  9. Rebels
  10. Attack of the Clones
  11. Solo
  12. Battlefront 2 campaign
  13. Squadrons campaign
  14. A New Hope
  15. The Force Awakens
  16. The Rise of Skywalker
  17. Clone Wars movie

Somewhere below listening to the Barney song on repeat: The Last Jedi

Lol, that was mean.

I do agree though.



Around the Network
EnricoPallazzo said:

I dont know how I would rank it but after a lot of insistence from my brother I finallybwatched one episode, I believe it is from the new season, with a kind or kurosawa theme and with a beloved female jadi being part of the story and let me tell you, it is amazing and now I want to watch all episodes.

Totally recommend it. Based on the internet's reactions, most people seem to be loving it.



Jpcc86 said:

1.- Empire Strikes Back
2.- A New Hope
3.-RogueOne
4.-Mandalorian
5.- Return of the Jedi
6.- Clone Wars (tv series)
7.- Revenge of the sith
8.- Force Awakens
9.- Phantom Menace
10.- Last Jedi
11.-  Attack of the Clones
12.- Solo
13.- Rise of Skywalker
14.- Clone Wars (2008 film)

Havent seen Rebels. 

I rank it pretty high, its got everything I like of the Star Wars universe, it feels self contained, expands on the universe, its got very good production values for whats essentially a tv series. It is both interesting and original and I absolutely love the pacing, goes from less to more and more in a very rewarding way for the audience.

Maybe I'll elaborate more later, as for now thats all I got. 

What I'm liking the most about it is that it is filling the gaps between the OG trilogy and the sequel trilogy quite nicely. One of my many issues with the TFA is that we were thrown into a world where the Republic and The Empire were back to the exact same state where they were before the Empire's defeat; with the only difference being that this time the rebels were called "The Resistance" and the empire was called "The New Order"



  1. Empire Strikes Back
  2. A New Hope
  3. Return of the Jedi
  4. The Mandolorian
  5. Rogue One
  6. DUMPSTER FIRE (aka everything after this point I disliked more than liked)
  7. Revenge of the Sith
  8. Phantom Menace
  9. Attack of the Clones
  10. Holiday Special
  11. Solo
  12. Force Awakens
  13. Rise of Skywalker
  14. Last Jedi

The list only includes what I've seen of Star Wars. I grew up on Star Trek and not Star Wars. But I've heard The Clone Wars TV show is good, I might give it a watch at some point. If it was still considered cannon I would have the first Knights of the Old Republic game in 5th place. It had an amazing story, but the gameplay has aged like milk. 



VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

1. Revenge of the Sith (I just love the entire premise)
2. Empire Strikes Back (first star wars movie I watched)
3. Return of the Jedi
4. A New Hope
5. The Mandolorian
6. Attack of the Clones
7. Rogue One
8. Phantom Menace
9. Force Awakens
10. Rise of Skywalker
11. Last Jedi


I havent seen any of the other tv shows (though did see the Clone wars years ago - not gonna rate them cause I wanna re-watch them).

I also havent really played any of the games yet.

Disney's Sequel trilogy is garbage fire. When a spinoff like Rogue one is the best one you made, you know something's wrong.

Edit: Oh I forgot, I havent watched Solo - should watch it tonight for my movie night lol.



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

It's a solid 5 or 6 out of 10, which makes it better than almost the entirety of the film franchise for me.

Some episodes are dire (S01E04, S01E05), but most are decent-to-good. S02E05 was superb and definitely the best episode so far (much better than the absurdly overrated S02E08 - 9.9 on IMDb! Yikes, I wish I was that easily pleased).