Capcom hacked by third party, full terabyte of data allegedly stolen https://t.co/aFiiqn9CqR— Event Hubs (@eventhubs) November 5, 2020
The highlights of the story:
- Hacked on November 2nd, released an official statement about the hack on November 4th
- Hack included email and file servers
- Reports that the hack was carried out by a known ransomware group, and that they stole a Terabyte of data from the Street Fighter development teams servers
- Hack apparently included employee termination agreements, Japanese passports, Steam Sales reports, bank statements, contractor agreements, and more.
- Capcom doesn't believe that any customer data was obtained by the group.
- Group reportedly sent some pictures of what they stole to Capcom as proof, in an attempt to ransom some money out of Capcom in exchange for giving the data back.
- Capcom is working with police and other authorities to try and find the group.