Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nvidia Hiring For (Likely) Switch 2, DLSS 2.0 looks like a feature

Think this probably deserves its own specific thread rather than being buried in some other topic. 

A Youtuber has noticed a Nvidia job senior embedded graphics engineer job listing for their Tegra (the same chip the Switch uses) division. The position is for "next-generation graphics technologies" for in part "upcoming game consoles", and the only game console manufacturer Nvidia works with is Nintendo.

The job listing also states said engineer must be able to work specifically with DLSS 2.0 A.I. technology. 

It looks likely the Switch 2 will utilize DLSS 2.0 (or some future iteration), it also looks like Nvidia is about the ramp up development for the Switch 2 chip. 

Last edited by Soundwave - on 29 July 2020

Around the Network

Timing is about right, also with DLSS 2.0 we will see a significant boost in visuals over a normal generational leap



Cool find. Yeah, this is most likely S2. I mean we are probably at half of its lifecycle anyway, so it makes sense for development to ramp up on it.



Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

As I said in the last thread and posted this there. I had no doubt it would happen and do believe it will be something custom with limited but there RT. Nintendo cares too much about lighting to not have it.



Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

If R&D for the chipset is gearing up now, a 2023 release for Switch 2 seems likely.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
If R&D for the chipset is gearing up now, a 2023 release for Switch 2 seems likely.

Probably been in developement for along while, this is likely just to help get it accross the finish line earlier.
Hire more people.



JRPGfan said:
curl-6 said:
If R&D for the chipset is gearing up now, a 2023 release for Switch 2 seems likely.

Probably been in developement for along while, this is likely just to help get it accross the finish line earlier.
Hire more people.

It's not in Nintendo's interest to release Switch 2 any time soon anyway, so there's no need to rush.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

DLSS 2.0 is a great addition. I'm playing Death Stranding with this feature on, but it also has some negative effects regarding artefacts and smearing of black objects over white background.
People also claim that it is better than native 4k......I am not sure about that, but image quality in Death Stranding is very calm.



Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti 11GB VRAM | Asus PG27UQ gaming on 3840 x 2160 @120 Hz GSYNC HDR| HTC Vive Pro :3

Reached PC master race level.

Soundwave said:

Think this probably deserves its own specific thread rather than being buried in some other topic. 

A Youtuber has noticed a Nvidia job senior embedded graphics engineer job listing for their Tegra (the same chip the Switch uses) division. The position is for "next-generation graphics technologies" for in part "upcoming game consoles", and the only game console manufacturer Nvidia works with is Nintendo.

The job listing also states said engineer must be able to work specifically with DLSS 2.0 A.I. technology. 

It looks likely the Switch 2 will utilize DLSS 2.0 (or some future iteration), it also looks like Nvidia is about the ramp up development for the Switch 2 chip. 

Oh Jesus! Dr. Tre's is still around! That's a name I haven't heard in a very very long time.



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

So is it safe to assume in the next year that any games "starting" development at Nintendo do will be cross gen or Switch 2 exclusives? Not the ones they are already working on obviously.

Also, is this a bigger/smaller design? Does this give us any idea how large the next Switch could be, if the screen will be multitouch and 1080p and if it can go 4k in docked mode? Does it indicate what sort of visuals we can expect (like Ocarina of Time someone made in unreal engine level or more or less)?