"Team Reptile brings you Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, 1 second per second of highly advanced funkstyle. In a world from the mind of Dion Koster, where self-styled crews are equipped with personal boostpacks, new heights of graffiti are reached. Start your own cypher and dance, paint, trick, face off with the cops and stake your claim to the extrusions and cavities of a sprawling metropolis in an alternate future set to the musical brainwaves of Hideki Naganuma.
- In the game you can choose a character from your crew and explore the three-dimensional streets freely.
- Each stage is a neighborhood that represents one time of day.
- You can grind, slide, jump, trick and airdash to move around
- The goal is to get your name up, your name up on the wall. Every stage has many spots to find where you can paint graffiti.
- You will encounter a lot of weirdos."
I only recently got around to playing the first game (would try Future if it released on modern platforms). While I was pretty frustrated with it mechanically, I could clearly see the infectious creative energy on display and would love more of it (preferably with some improved handling this time).
There was another attempt called Hover a few years ago that got some pretty mixed reviews and came and went pretty quietly.
I just happened to stumble on this on Twitter just now. What do you guys think?