Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Project xCloud becoming part of GamePass Ultimate in September

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/16/21326797/microsoft-xcloud-launch-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-free

Wow, I assumed it would be a separate service outside of GamePass.

So it seems it will be limited to phones and tablets at launch, plus only games in the GamePass library. Eventually they will add more devices and games outside of the GP catalog.

Its a good service, I’ve used it on my Halo play through. MCC is the only game that works on the iPhone test though. Idk what games work on Android.

Lock if old



Around the Network

Ok this is actually a very good deal.



What Interned speeds do they require and whats yours like?  



This sounds okey I guess, but what Microsoft need to focus on is local 4k/60fps big AAA games. That what I want to see.



6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Chicho said:

What Interned speeds do they require and whats yours like?  

Wi-Fi met 5 GHz of mobiele dataverbinding van 10 Mbps-down



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

That could be a game changer.



LudicrousSpeed said:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/16/21326797/microsoft-xcloud-launch-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-free

Wow, I assumed it would be a separate service outside of GamePass.

So it seems it will be limited to phones and tablets at launch, plus only games in the GamePass library. Eventually they will add more devices and games outside of the GP catalog.

Its a good service, I’ve used it on my Halo play through. MCC is the only game that works on the iPhone test though. Idk what games work on Android.

Lock if old

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/242710/ms-is-shutting-down-mixer-and-partnering-with-facebook/1/


We "knew" this back in June, also from Theverge.
Back when it was announced they where shutting down Mixer, and partnering with facebook to get people game streaming.


"Microsoft is getting ready to launch xCloud streaming generally later this year, as part of the company’s Xbox Game Pass offering. “I don’t think we’re going to have to wait too long to see the outcome of the collaboration between the two companies to enable this tech for Facebook Gaming viewers,” reveals Spencer." - TheVerge (june 22nd)


I find it odd, they mention its "free" ontop of gamepass.
When on PC & Xbox its 9.99$ pr month right? if its now 14,99$ thats a rise of 5$ for everyone thats useing gamepass, right?

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 16 July 2020

That is pretty awesome! The great thing about this is that it's optional streaming instead of being mandatory like Stadia.



             

                               Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Soundwave said:
That could be a game changer.

If nothing else it puts Stadia out of its misery.



kirby007 said:

Wi-Fi met 5 GHz of mobiele dataverbinding van 10 Mbps-down

That seems in line with stadia  From the stadia help

An internet connection speed of 10 megabits per second (Mbps) or greater is the minimum recommended to use Stadia.

A slower network speed can cause issues while playing games on Stadia.

To play in 4K resolution, you'll need an active Stadia Pro subscription and a network speed of 35 Mbps or greater. See below for hardware requirements.

and the hourly rates

Up to 4K (Stadia Pro only) Up to 20 GB/hr
Up to 1080p Up to 12.6 GB/hr
Up to 720p Up to 4.5 GB/hr

On Wi-Fi thats fine but on mobile away from home a lot of people are slowed down or charged more after a certain data cap so i wonder how feasible streaming is for the average joe.