Interesting Highlights from Press Release:
- Revenue was $1.79 billion, up 40 percent year-over-year primarily driven by higher Computing and Graphics segment revenue. Revenue was down 16 percent quarter-over-quarter due to lower revenue in both segments.
- Gross margin was 46 percent, up 5 percentage points year-over-year and 1 percentage point quarterover-quarter, primarily driven by Ryzen™ and EPYC™ processor sales.
- AMD and its game console partners shared new details and specifications for the AMD-powered Microsoft Xbox Series X and Sony PlayStation 5 consoles expected to launch in the 2020 holiday season.
- AMD announced the forthcoming AMD RDNA 2 gaming architecture will support Microsoft’s new DirectX® 12 Ultimate API.
- The first consumer notebooks based on the AMD Ryzen 4000 Series mobile processors from Acer and ASUS launched, with new platforms from Dell, HP, Lenovo and other OEMs planned to launch over the coming quarters.
Financial Report Press Release:
Financial Report Slides: