Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dystopian dungeon RPG "Yomi wo su Saku Hana" will release on PS4 and Switch in addition to the Xbox One version. Interesting premise.

Dystopian dungeon RPG Yomi wo Saku Hana will launch digitally for Xbox One on June 11 in Japan for 7,800 yen, followed by PlayStation 4 and Switch this winter, developer Experience announced.

In Yomi wo Saku Hana, you become an employee (section manager) of a company that manages Undernaughts (underground miners) hired by illegal means. You are tasked with leading your employees through a labyrinth that you become trapped in by the “Mad King.” Players will utilize the “Switch Boost” power to challenge “monsters” named “Yomi,” as well as the “Yomi no Hana” ability to clear paths forward and return to the surface alive.



Around the Network

Interesting premise, great art, great monster design ..ok I'm interested.



So another sprout of MS efforts in Japan is a niche RPG timed exclusivity? Ok. Hope the customer base buy and enjoy it.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

SMT Strange Journey : Mining Bangaloos



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

DonFerrari said:
So another sprout of MS efforts in Japan is a niche RPG timed exclusivity? Ok. Hope the customer base buy and enjoy it.

This game isn't linked to MS in any way (at least nothing points to developers having any exclusivity contract with Microsoft). It's made by the same studio which made Stranger of Sword City which was Xbox One/PS Vita title, and this game actually was announced back in 2016 and delayed several times.



 

Around the Network
derpysquirtle64 said:
DonFerrari said:
So another sprout of MS efforts in Japan is a niche RPG timed exclusivity? Ok. Hope the customer base buy and enjoy it.

This game isn't linked to MS in any way (at least nothing points to developers having any exclusivity contract with Microsoft). It's made by the same studio which made Stranger of Sword City which was Xbox One/PS Vita title, and this game actually was announced back in 2016 and delayed several times.

OP put that the X1 version will come before the others.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

DonFerrari said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

This game isn't linked to MS in any way (at least nothing points to developers having any exclusivity contract with Microsoft). It's made by the same studio which made Stranger of Sword City which was Xbox One/PS Vita title, and this game actually was announced back in 2016 and delayed several times.

OP put that the X1 version will come before the others.

What does that mean? Experience is Japanese developer that mainly develops for windows platform and whenever they port its always at the very least to XBOX because of the compatibility between both platforms.  It's coming to XBOX first because it was originally the console it was announced for. Has nothing to do exclusively deal. 



Mar1217 said:
SMT Strange Journey : Mining Bangaloos

Your right. I knew something felt familiar about this. On hind sight the last screen should of gave it away, especially since I just finished SMT4.



Xxain said:
DonFerrari said:

OP put that the X1 version will come before the others.

What does that mean? Experience is Japanese developer that mainly develops for windows platform and whenever they port its always at the very least to XBOX because of the compatibility between both platforms.  It's coming to XBOX first because it was originally the console it was announced for. Has nothing to do exclusively deal. 

And you can be sure it have nothing to do with deal because? Just because MS didn't announce a deal doesn't mean they don't have one.

Anyway, I don't see it as negative if the MS trips to Japan enabled this game to come first to Xbox, and unless this dev is really small it isn't common to have staggered released for games 5 years after launch of the systems. Even more when both PS4 and X1 are very easy to port from one to the other.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994