Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 12, 2020 (Mar 16 - Mar 22)

trestres said:
Marth said:

In like half a year. According to amazon Japan August 31st.

Wait what!? I thought it was coming out in the near term, it's not that big of a game either. Is there really nothing there in Japan lined up for the Switch for the next 5 months?

There's nothing significant dated for Switch in any region. They've basically abandoned the platform.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
trestres said:

Wait what!? I thought it was coming out in the near term, it's not that big of a game either. Is there really nothing there in Japan lined up for the Switch for the next 5 months?

There's nothing significant dated for Switch in any region. They've basically abandoned the platform.



German YouTuber and Streamer:

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon 2020 thread

curl-6 said:
trestres said:

Wait what!? I thought it was coming out in the near term, it's not that big of a game either. Is there really nothing there in Japan lined up for the Switch for the next 5 months?

There's nothing significant dated for Switch in any region. They've basically abandoned the platform.

Curl, the hell are you talking about?




OTBWY said:
curl-6 said:

There's nothing significant dated for Switch in any region. They've basically abandoned the platform.

Curl, the hell are you talking about?

Name one major upcoming game dated for the Switch.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
OTBWY said:

Curl, the hell are you talking about?

Name one major upcoming game dated for the Switch.

Trials of Mana, April 24th



German YouTuber and Streamer:

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon 2020 thread

Around the Network
Marth said:
curl-6 said:

Name one major upcoming game dated for the Switch.

Trials of Mana, April 24th

That's not even close to being major or significant.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
Marth said:

Trials of Mana, April 24th

That's not even close to being major or significant.

Its listed in Nintendos IR so they think its significant enough.



German YouTuber and Streamer:

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon 2020 thread

Marth said:
curl-6 said:

That's not even close to being major or significant.

Its listed in Nintendos IR so they think its significant enough.

Nintendo routinely pads out their release lists with shovelware so they have a very low bar for that.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
OTBWY said:

Curl, the hell are you talking about?

Name one major upcoming game dated for the Switch.

Where is @RolStoppable when we need one.




curl-6 said:
Marth said:

Its listed in Nintendos IR so they think its significant enough.

Nintendo routinely pads out their release lists with shovelware so they have a very low bar for that.

Trials of Mana is really important for JRPG and Mana fans. The original never made it in the West until last year with the Collection of Mana. It is considered the best Mana game. The remake of Secret of Mana was a letdown and this is a remake of a game that is not only considered the best, but is an actual remake that looks good. Also the demo is really good and shows that this game has promise. 

So yes it is a significant release, but it just isn't your taste.