By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Staring into the abyss of a world where Nintendo has no games scheduled for release. Edit: The Time of Darkness Has Arrived

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

Called it. Nintendo don't give a fuck, they've given up, they're just shitting out AC and then leaving their platform and fanbase to rot, at a time when people need gaming more than ever.

Never been so disgusted with them.

It is still only March. Give them time. Sure I'd rather have games announced 9-18 months before they release. But that isn't what Nintendo generally does. Unless it is Zelda, than they are announced years before they release. 

I've given them time; more than nine months of it, the last time they announced a major new game was E3.

All I fucking want is something other than misery, fear, isolation, and the imminent threat of death to look forward to in what could be the very short remainder of my life. Just something new to fucking play on my system I paid good money for that's barely three years old. But Nintendo just can't be bothered, and are starving their fans of hope when we need it more than ever.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
trunkswd said:

It is still only March. Give them time. Sure I'd rather have games announced 9-18 months before they release. But that isn't what Nintendo generally does. Unless it is Zelda, than they are announced years before they release. 

I've given them time; more than nine months of it, the last time they announced a major new game was E3.

All I fucking want is something other than misery, fear, isolation, and the imminent threat of death to look forward to in what could be the very short remainder of my life. Just something new to fucking play on my system I paid good money for that's barely three years old. But Nintendo just can't be bothered, and are starving their fans of hope when we need it more than ever.

Animal Crossing just launched to the biggest numbers in the series. Did you buy it?



padib said:
curl-6 said:

I've given them time; more than nine months of it, the last time they announced a major new game was E3.

All I fucking want is something other than misery, fear, isolation, and the imminent threat of death to look forward to in what could be the very short remainder of my life. Just something new to fucking play on my system I paid good money for that's barely three years old. But Nintendo just can't be bothered, and are starving their fans of hope when we need it more than ever.

Animal Crossing just launched to the biggest numbers in the series. Did you buy it?

Animal Crossing isn't for everyone, to me it looks like the most boring thing ever.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 25 March 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
trunkswd said:

It is still only March. Give them time. Sure I'd rather have games announced 9-18 months before they release. But that isn't what Nintendo generally does. Unless it is Zelda, than they are announced years before they release. 

I've given them time; more than nine months of it, the last time they announced a major new game was E3.

All I fucking want is something other than misery, fear, isolation, and the imminent threat of death to look forward to in what could be the very short remainder of my life. Just something new to fucking play on my system I paid good money for that's barely three years old. But Nintendo just can't be bothered, and are starving their fans of hope when we need it more than ever.

I'm sure they will have at least one new major game for the holidays and one remake. Completely skipping the biggest season for gaming, would be a mistake. 



VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

curl-6 said:
padib said:

Animal Crossing just launched to the biggest numbers in the series. Did you buy it?

Animal Crossing looks like the most boring thing ever.

Well especially if you'e not interested in some of their biggest franchises, it's hard to expect any one single company to keep you entertained consistently.
I don't know what your financial situation is like or your taste in games in general, but have you considered getting an additional system if possible? Everyone is different, but I've literally never not had an interesting game to play + look forward to since I was old enough to purchase games myself.

Last edited by Hiku - on 25 March 2020

Around the Network
Hiku said:
curl-6 said:

Animal Crossing looks like the most boring thing ever.

Well especially if you'e not interested in some of their biggest franchises, it's hard to expect any one single company to keep you entertained consistently.
I don't know what your financial situation is like or your taste in games in general, but have you considered getting an additional system if possible? Everyone is different, but I've literally never not had an interesting game to play or look forward to since I was old enough to purchase games myself.

I have other systems, (I'd go insane if I didn't) just not current ones. I've considered getting a PS4 or Xbox One but they just don't excite me and the last time I talked myself into buying a system I wasn't enthusiastic about (3DS) I ended up regretting it.

I don't expect Nintendo alone to put out enough first party games to keep me constantly sustained, but third parties are also refusing to give any release dates; Doom Eternal, Outer Worlds, and Blair Witch are all confirmed for Switch and on my to-buy list, but they won't say when they're coming.

At this point it's less a matter of "I have nothing to play", and more "I need something concrete feel good about for the future, to look forward to."

Fuck, I'm sorry guys, I had a meltdown. I'm just so damn tired and beaten down from the constant, endless stress with no end in sight. I just feel so terrible all the time, and having a cool new game announced or one I want dated would've helped so much.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

It is possible that we STILL don't get a Direct this week. Kinda scary!



Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

curl-6 said:
Hiku said:

Well especially if you'e not interested in some of their biggest franchises, it's hard to expect any one single company to keep you entertained consistently.
I don't know what your financial situation is like or your taste in games in general, but have you considered getting an additional system if possible? Everyone is different, but I've literally never not had an interesting game to play or look forward to since I was old enough to purchase games myself.

I have other systems, (I'd go insane if I didn't) just not current ones. I've considered getting a PS4 or Xbox One but they just don't excite me and the last time I talked myself into buying a system I wasn't enthusiastic about (3DS) I ended up regretting it.

I don't expect Nintendo alone to put out enough first party games to keep me constantly sustained, but third parties are also refusing to give any release dates; Doom Eternal, Outer Worlds, and Blair Witch are all confirmed for Switch and on my to-buy list, but they won't say when they're coming.

At this point it's less a matter of "I have nothing to play", and more "I need something concrete feel good about for the future, to look forward to."

Fuck, I'm sorry guys, I had a meltdown. I'm just so damn tired and beaten down from the constant, endless stress with no end in sight. I just feel so terrible all the time, and having a cool new game announced or one I want dated would've helped so much.

Are you sure the PS4 wouldn't be up your alley?

It has a deep catalog of acclaimed first parties, plus, a lot of third parties that are probably better on PlayStation than Switch. 



curl-6 said:
Hiku said:

Well especially if you'e not interested in some of their biggest franchises, it's hard to expect any one single company to keep you entertained consistently.
I don't know what your financial situation is like or your taste in games in general, but have you considered getting an additional system if possible? Everyone is different, but I've literally never not had an interesting game to play or look forward to since I was old enough to purchase games myself.

I have other systems, (I'd go insane if I didn't) just not current ones. I've considered getting a PS4 or Xbox One but they just don't excite me and the last time I talked myself into buying a system I wasn't enthusiastic about (3DS) I ended up regretting it.

I don't expect Nintendo alone to put out enough first party games to keep me constantly sustained, but third parties are also refusing to give any release dates; Doom Eternal, Outer Worlds, and Blair Witch are all confirmed for Switch and on my to-buy list, but they won't say when they're coming.

At this point it's less a matter of "I have nothing to play", and more "I need something concrete feel good about for the future, to look forward to."

Fuck, I'm sorry guys, I had a meltdown. I'm just so damn tired and beaten down from the constant, endless stress with no end in sight. I just feel so terrible all the time, and having a cool new game announced or one I want dated would've helped so much.

No, I feel it Curl. I really could use a Direct right now and it has been unusually long. Nothing would make this easier than having some glimpses of future projects to discuss.



Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Moren said:
curl-6 said:

I have other systems, (I'd go insane if I didn't) just not current ones. I've considered getting a PS4 or Xbox One but they just don't excite me and the last time I talked myself into buying a system I wasn't enthusiastic about (3DS) I ended up regretting it.

I don't expect Nintendo alone to put out enough first party games to keep me constantly sustained, but third parties are also refusing to give any release dates; Doom Eternal, Outer Worlds, and Blair Witch are all confirmed for Switch and on my to-buy list, but they won't say when they're coming.

At this point it's less a matter of "I have nothing to play", and more "I need something concrete feel good about for the future, to look forward to."

Fuck, I'm sorry guys, I had a meltdown. I'm just so damn tired and beaten down from the constant, endless stress with no end in sight. I just feel so terrible all the time, and having a cool new game announced or one I want dated would've helped so much.

Are you sure the PS4 wouldn't be up your alley?

It has a deep catalog of acclaimed first parties, plus, a lot of third parties that are probably better on PlayStation than Switch. 

There are actually a few games I'd get on PS4, like RE7 and Horizon, but I'm not so financially well off that a few hundred dollars is an insignificant expenditure, so I should hold off until I hit the end of my tether.

Hopefully some of Switch's undated games arrive in the next few months to hold me over.

It's as much a matter of lacking excitement as lacking stuff to play. I know it may sound sad, but hype is a powerful antidote to anxiety and depression; feeling excited about upcoming release dates and games makes the future feel brighter and less terrifying. It's a positive distraction from the constant threat of cancer and covid-19.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.