By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY step up their games on PS Now, They are preparing to compete with Xbox Game Pass on next gen

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/442656/playstation-now-adds-shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-control-wolfenstein-ii-and-more-in-march/

Here is the list of games coming to the service in March:

  • Control (available until Monday, August 31)
  • Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
  • Nascar Heat 3
  • Nights of Azure
  • Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon
  • Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider (available until September 7)
  • Toukiden 2
  • Toukiden Kiwami
  • Warriors All-Stars
  • Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus

It seems SONy are not sleeping , we might see a good choices in next few month when PS5 announced. I can see Sony will evolving their service to another level especially preparing for PS5. 



Around the Network

There definitely are some good games in there. But, to make it comparable to Gamepass, they're gonna have to get the big games on there at launch. In the long run, that's really what it's all about. If you want most people to stay subscribed to your service, you have to give them the good stuff, and you have to give it to them right away.

It does seem that Sony is moving their service in the right direction though.  I hope they keep making it better.  



They can shut PS Now down for all I care.
Show us more Ghost of Tsushima instead!



I think Sony needs to look into expansion of the service. Seem to be that more regions are going to be rolled out in the coming days (or weeks) so that is good.



No matter how good the games added:

Game streaming? I'll pass.



Around the Network
EricHiggin said:
No matter how good the games added:

Game streaming? I'll pass.

You can download PS4 games from PS Now.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

EricHiggin said:
No matter how good the games added:

Game streaming? I'll pass.

PS4 games are downloadable.



Will never understand why MS is calling Gamepass the dna of their next gen strategy, when Sony can just copy paste the whole thing. I just hope they aren't going to put their ps5 exclusives on there from day one and make them cross gen with ps4, though.



goopy20 said:
Will never understand why MS is calling Gamepass the dna of their next gen strategy, when Sony can just copy paste the whole thing. I just hope they aren't going to put their ps5 exclusives on there from day one and make them cross gen with ps4, though.

MS has a lot more reach with GamePass than Sony has with PS Now. While there is no doubt that Sony could easily pivot into the same direction without much worry (hence the limited offers of their 1st party software on the service), the idea is for GamePass to become ubiquitous with the subscription model for gaming.

I'm not sure I follow your last statement though, you are concerned that Sony puts their PS5 games on the service because you don't want them to be 'cross-gen' at launch, as opposed to a year later? Why does it matter? They will only be streamable on PS4 which won't be the ideal way to experience the games. 

I also doubt Sony follows MS in this regard because their current model does indeed work for them (and Nintendo).

That said, I can see Sony playing around with the idea of PS5 demos/ betas also appearing on PS Now (for streaming elsewhere), as well as the competitive MP (not cooperative) of their games being there to aid with the MP side of some of their titles. 



twintail said:
goopy20 said:
Will never understand why MS is calling Gamepass the dna of their next gen strategy, when Sony can just copy paste the whole thing. I just hope they aren't going to put their ps5 exclusives on there from day one and make them cross gen with ps4, though.

MS has a lot more reach with GamePass than Sony has with PS Now. While there is no doubt that Sony could easily pivot into the same direction without much worry (hence the limited offers of their 1st party software on the service), the idea is for GamePass to become ubiquitous with the subscription model for gaming.

I'm not sure I follow your last statement though, you are concerned that Sony puts their PS5 games on the service because you don't want them to be 'cross-gen' at launch, as opposed to a year later? Why does it matter? They will only be streamable on PS4 which won't be the ideal way to experience the games. 

I also doubt Sony follows MS in this regard because their current model does indeed work for them (and Nintendo).

That said, I can see Sony playing around with the idea of PS5 demos/ betas also appearing on PS Now (for streaming elsewhere), as well as the competitive MP (not cooperative) of their games being there to aid with the MP side of some of their titles. 

If they are streamable, I wouldn't mind. But aren't the games on Gamepass and the ps4 games on Psnow downloadable?

In order to tap into a broader audience, MS is launching all their 1st party games on GP from day one and making them cross-gen for the first 2 years. I would much rather have seen Series X exclusives that were designed specifically for that platform. I just hope Sony doesn't do the same thing :)